Free wknd Getaway and 20 dollar companion ticket for 1k+ cardcash purchases

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
So I think this might be an incredible opportunity...

The other day cardcash was offering an additional 5% on certain merchants. When looking at the bulk order option I noticed a promotion at the bottom of that page that reads:

"Purchase $1,000 or more of Gift Cards from us and get a FREE 3 DAY/2 NIGHT HOTEL STAY in one of 30 or more Popular Destinations Across the United States.*
You get to choose the destination! All Hotels are at least a Three Star AAA rated facility. No Timeshare Lecture Required - Just a Free Enjoyable Stay!
For more information on the popular destinations and travel arrangements - you can download a brochure by clicking here.
*Only one voucher per customer will be issued for qualifying orders per year. The voucher will include instructions on how to redeem your free stay and choose the location and travel times that meets your desires. Vouchers are issued by a third party Travel Agency."

I placed two separate orders over 1k. I meant to do one on my account and one from my wifes but accidentaly ordered both of them from my account. I emailed cs and asked if they'd cancel one of the orders so I could do it on my wifes account so we each earned a free weekend. The response was that the free weekend certificate would come in every bulk order purchase.

I can confirm this as I received both sets of gift cards in the mail today and both contained vouchers for the free weekend. The packet of info also comes with a few extra offers one of which could be incredibly lucrative. It says send only 20 dollars for shipping and handling and recieve a companion fare. It reads "The companion fare, "two tickets for one low price" certificate entitles the recipient to purchase two round trip, coach class airline tickets at one low price within the continental US. The certificate is transferable prior to making reservations."

The T&C state: The recipient simply completes and mails in the registration form to receive their activated voucher with the Travel Agencys toll free number. Upon activation, the recipient will refer to a zone map to select a departure city and a destination city to determine the average/suggested price for two coach class airline tickets. There are up to 110 US cities available. Pricing will vary up or down depending on airline capacity, availability and time of booking. Passengers are responsible for normal required taxes and fees for each ticket issued.

Anyone have any experience with something like this? I feel like the companion ticket could be a great deal but maybe I'm missing something. One catch I just read in the T & C of the free weekend is that only one vacation certificate per household can be used per year. Anyway to get around that? It'd be awesome to scale this. Get some resell from the gift cards AND a free weekend AND a 20 dollar domestic companion ticket for every order over 1k.

sriki

Level 2 Member
I need to wrap my head around this. Thanks for posting. I will check this out in an hour or so.

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
Well crap. Maybe not as valuable as I thought. The weekend getaway looks like a timeshare pitch. I've never done one but next weekend my wife and I are doing one with IHG just outside of Disney for Halloween. It was 3 nights and 4 days and all they asked of us was to sit through a one hour presentation. Any experience with those? Sounds like a killer deal to me. As for the flights... you can buy "two tickets for one price" but doesn't say how that price is determined so it might be an expensive ticket.