Free After Rebate Items from Newegg.com

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not up to speed, as I haven't bought for a while but I seem to recall some of the anti virus FAR may be limited per person per year- any recall where I saw that, maybe staples or Newegg.

Anyone familiar with that?

RavenHawk

Level 2 Member
I'm not up to speed, as I haven't bought for a while but I seem to recall some of the anti virus FAR may be limited per person per year- any recall where I saw that, maybe staples or Newegg.

Anyone familiar with that?
I have been fine so far as long as the offer numbers are different (make sure to read the fine print). The only one that I know of that holds true to the one rebate per year is Intuit, but as always, YMMV (and make copies of everything).

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
If you do these make sure you read up on the user comments on SD. The companies are extremely picky. I've done about 15 of these in the last year and some of them needed followup and sending them copies/scans I made of my submission form, UPC code, envelope, etc. I believe kaspersky is one per product per year, but some only allow one rebate from their company per year. Out of all those rebates i've only had one not return, thankfully only for $5. After my experience these rebates are only worth it if the product is something you truly want AND if you are very organized.. Tried to sell the products on amazon with open box at heavy discount but either have 0 interest or the companies contact amazon to take my listing down.

IMO the totaldefense combo rebates usually makes some valuable expensive products FAR. I would only go for a product that is valued over $50. it required badgering their CSR months later but it is of pretty decent value and you can reliably get the money if you follow the rules to the T

If you use a modern version of Windows (7 or 8) and you're not browsing shady sites like triple x, war3z, or MMSecrets i no longer find the need for 3rd party antivirus programs. Windows built-in AV software is very good and anything else will just slow down your computer.

StammesOpfer

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
If you do jump on these don't forget Newegg is a shop runner (free 2-day shipping) participant and Amex Blue Cash (old) gives you that for free (others may also).

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
You can file for Kaspersky rebate as long as it is a different offer number. I have multiple claims in for the same products but they all have different offer numbers. Cashback options are limited. If you use a promo code that is usually in the form of EM (usually shown on SD), then you will not get the cashback.

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
For anybody with the Visa Cash+ from US Bank, Newegg is coded as an electronic store (5%), so use that on top of any cashback website. A lot of cashback website no longer pay out on anything that uses a promo code including software.

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
For the Total Defense rebates, you can call the number on the back and ask them to ach or to send you a check. Just tell them that it is inconvenience to have an extra card in the wallet. I believe this is how I did it last time.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
For the Total Defense rebates, you can call the number on the back and ask them to ach or to send you a check. Just tell them that it is inconvenience to have an extra card in the wallet. I believe this is how I did it last time.
Thanks for the tip. I was able to call the 800-number and combine my 2 $50 AmEx reward cards into a single check. No fee!