Expired_ Gas Points

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure, but I think it might take 24 hours for points to register and be available for redemption.
Something came up initially, but then after hitting cancel it wouldn't the next time... I'll try again in a few days. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Malvina

Level 2 Member
Just loaded up my card with 6000 points, drove to the nearby shell and went through screen prompts- at the end it said 'you got 10cents off'.

I had a 'helper' and when I asked them why it wasn't showing $2.20 they had no idea what was happening, and hit cancel transaction.

I tried to put the card in again and it said 'invalid card' tried a different pump and the same...

Hot tips from gas pros- is this usual, will it reset etc?

Cheers
Matt
From FAQ
When do my points become available at the pump?

Points earned at Stop & Shop are available for redemption within 24 hours. Points earned for shopping at Peapod are available for redemption within 48 hours after the groceries have been delivered.

Your points were deducted when you rang your card. As you did not use points they should be back on your card in 24 hours.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Quick question - going to try this again today...

When it successfully credits the 2200 points do you see the price per gallon change before/during pumping gas? I'm wondering if I put the card in and it 'seems' ok if I can risk filling up the car and should hope for the best, or if I can tell for sure one way or the other before I load up at full rate?

Cheers!

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
What is the "technique" of the 2 cars to maximize the points? Do we enter the Giant / S&S rewards information at the same time?

Ja350z

Level 2 Member

When it successfully credits the 2200 points do you see the price per gallon change before/during pumping gas? I'm wondering if I put the card in and it 'seems' ok if I can risk filling up the car and should hope for the best, or if I can tell for sure one way or the other before I load up at full rate?

Cheers!
In my experience, I've had better luck requesting the attendant manually input my S&S number & I'll read it to them. I've had a few card replacements now.
If you have the digital display pumps (my preference, because you can assure the price before fueling), you will see this reflect above the different pumps that display the price difference for regular, premium, etc. after you select the gas type, then it updates the price/gallon & the main screen should display you've saved $2.20/gallon.
That's what I've experienced in NY/NJ.

Also another 2 car method I've done is to go at a slow time & just pull up to either side of one pump (pretending your fueling on both sides) & then just carry the pump around the other side, after you finish one car (sometimes pump not long enough).

Malvina

Level 2 Member

Cheers!
I am not sure about Shell stations. At my S&S gas station you scan S&S card, then swipe credit card, and the price (for ex. $1.40) will appear on the screen.

johnny cash

Level 2 Member

Cheers!
In NJ it tells you how much you will save before the attendant starts pumping. Most times it is reflected in the price on the pump while filling up. It has happened though that it wasn't but I still paid the reduced price. I don't know how it is in NY (except that you'll pay more! :) and fill up yourself).

johnny cash

Level 2 Member
What is the "technique" of the 2 cars to maximize the points? Do we enter the Giant / S&S rewards information at the same time?
NO!!! If you enter twice, the points will be deducted twice. Second car pulls up behind first and when first is finished, WITHOUT putting pump back, put in second car, moving up if necessary. (I would make sure the gas station is alright with it.)

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Success!!! Definitely a different experience today than when I first tried the card, will write up the steps later for others, thanks team!

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
NO!!! If you enter twice, the points will be deducted twice. Second car pulls up behind first and when first is finished, WITHOUT putting pump back, put in second car, moving up if necessary. (I would make sure the gas station is alright with it.)
Thank you everyone for teaching me how the valuable "technique." I would have never figured it out -- even tried the google.

hellas67ea

Level 2 Member
this week there is as max of 25 instead of 30 gallons
that one less 5 gallon gas container for me
this deal is not available next week
the points are good until the end of the month

Dealsformelanie

Level 2 Member
I copied this from their webpage right now...

For every 100 points you earn, you'll save 10¢ per gallon up to a maximum of 35 gallons of fuel per vehicle per purchase.

So, I don't know where you are getting the idea that there is a max of 25 gallons this week. It has always been a max of 35 gallons each week.

hellas67ea

Level 2 Member
It was on my receipt of the vgc I purchased. It said 25 gallon limit.
When I put gas yesterday it only went up to 25 gallons. I live outside of philly in delaware county YMMV

johnny cash

Level 2 Member
It was on my receipt of the vgc I purchased. It said 25 gallon limit.
When I put gas yesterday it only went up to 25 gallons. I live outside of philly in delaware county YMMV
The program varies. In NY/NJ it's up to 35 gallons and 2.20 off. Points expire 30 days from date of purchase. Do you get up to 2.20 or the whole price off?Please post details of your program so Matt can add it to the resource page.

hellas67ea

Level 2 Member
In my are area western suburbs of philadelphia, I get the entire price of gas off when I scan by car ( if price
$3.75 per gallon and I have 3750 points it take the whole price off) .
A limit of one vehicle can be filled per purchase, you can use gas cans.
There is a limit of 25 gallons per purchase.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Is there a way to maximize the discount with the Fuel Network discount? (Here, the limit is $2.20 per gal)

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
Is there a way to maximize the discount with the Fuel Network discount? (Here, the limit is $2.20 per gal)
i was just thinking about that yesterday. use the giant md/nj/ny at shell + ink bold mc 2x + fuel rewards linked to ink bold. wonder if that works?

Darlene

Level 2 Member
I have heard there is a federal regulation against this though I can't find proof. The attendant might say something if they see it happening. Another option is to have the other vehicle on the other side of the pump. When one is filled just take the nozzle around the pump to the other car. We haven't tried this. My husband, who is more of a rule breaker than me, doesn't want to chance it. We have 2 trucks and cans so not an issue except there isn't always extra gas for my car and I actually have to spend money on gas! :mad: