6/20 - 7/10

when you purchase a Visa gift card with your S & S or Giant card

Current Giant (PA) promo: 6/22/14 - 7/12/14 4x for VGC purchase

Current Giant (NoVA, DC, MD) promo: 6/20/14 - 7/10/14 4x for VGC purchase

Last edited:

Dealsformelanie

Level 2 Member
S & S Gas Rules:
Points expire 30 days from when you earned them.
When you fill up, you will use up all your points up to 2200 points ($2.20 off per gallon).
If you have more than 2200 points in your account, they will remain in your account until they expire or until you use them.
Maximum of 35 gallons in one fill-up.​

If you fill up 35 gallons, buying a $500 Visa/MC gift card will be a $46.50 money maker.

Math:
1500 points = $52.50 off 35 gallon fill-up
$500 Visa/MC Gift Card has $5.95 fee.
$52.50-$6 = $46.50 MM.

Ja350z

Level 2 Member
Bring extra gas jug(s) if you have...it helps in reaching the max fill-up and to have more cheap gas after your points expiration date ;)

ayman

Level 2 Member
Earn 3X gas points
6/6 - 6/16

Visa (Metabank)
Mastercard
Sears
Lowes
and some others

PS: Decided to start a new thread as the old one was specifically about AMEX cards. Not sure about Giant.
I was successful buying BB GC.
T&C say anything but S&S GC and reloadable GC.

Anh

Level 2 Member
Bring extra gas jug(s) if you have...it helps in reaching the max fill-up and to have more cheap gas after your points expiration date ;)
My wife and I usually drive our two cars up to two sides of the pump....

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Was at Giant. The system would only allow 1 $500 VGC per transaction. The manager / supervisor tried to scan 2, but the POS blocked it. I planned to buy 4, but ended up just buying only a total of 2 in separate transactions along with some soda.

What's weird is the cashier wrote down all my DL info.

ysugar1

Level 2 Member
Was at Giant. The system would only allow 1 $500 VGC per transaction. The manager / supervisor tried to scan 2, but the POS blocked it. I planned to buy 4, but ended up just buying only a total of 2 in separate transactions along with some soda.

What's weird is the cashier wrote down all my DL info.
Yes, they sometimes try to do that to me, I refuse though.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
With the AmEx's BP & ExxonMobil sync offers, and these rewards, I may buy jugs at Home Depot to store all the gas LOL. I still have one more AmEx Home Depot offer left LOL.

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
With the AmEx's BP & ExxonMobil sync offers, and these rewards, I may buy jugs at Home Depot to store all the gas LOL. I still have one more AmEx Home Depot offer left LOL.
I've already used up hundreds of dollars in free gas. I started to buy gas canisters ever since one of the Giant gas station ladies suspected I was doing a 2-vehicle fill-up. Every month I seem to buy another 5-gallon canister, and yet I can't keep up with all the free gas. I'm practically giving the gas away to friends. Giant seems to want to give me more. During the 3x promotion I ended up getting 4x. I filled up 30 gallons for free this past trip, then checked my balance afterwards and my points weren't even deducted. Even if they were deducted I am still struggling trying to figure out how to spend down all the points by the 6/28 deadline

Someone

Level 2 Member
I've already used up hundreds of dollars in free gas. I started to buy gas canisters ever since one of the Giant gas station ladies suspected I was doing a 2-vehicle fill-up. Every month I seem to buy another 5-gallon canister, and yet I can't keep up with all the free gas. I'm practically giving the gas away to friends. Giant seems to want to give me more. During the 3x promotion I ended up getting 4x. I filled up 30 gallons for free this past trip, then checked my balance afterwards and my points weren't even deducted. Even if they were deducted I am still struggling trying to figure out how to spend down all the points by the 6/28 deadline
Voyaging Doc's got 99 problems but gas ain't one?

Around here the S&S discount is capped at $2.20, so no free gas. And Shell is always at least 20 cents higher than where I'd normally go, so its roughly half off.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Voyaging Doc's got 99 problems but gas ain't one?

Around here the S&S discount is capped at $2.20, so no free gas. And Shell is always at least 20 cents higher than where I'd normally go, so its roughly half off.
Same here with Giant..max is $2.20. But I have to fill up with premium. So it's still a MM - and 5% CC is topping on the sundae.

johnny cash

Level 2 Member
Last week I got the points buying a reloadable. But next week's -- actually starting tom. -- offer of 4X on Visa clearly excludes reloadable cards.

Someone

Level 2 Member
Last week I got the points buying a reloadable. But next week's -- actually starting tom. -- offer of 4X on Visa clearly excludes reloadable cards.
Thanks for pointing that out. Here (north of BOS) the Visas are all lower denomination or reloadable. The variable $20-500's are all MCs.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
S & S Gas Rules:
Points expire 30 days from when you earned them.
When you fill up, you will use up all your points up to 2200 points ($2.20 off per gallon).
If you have more than 2200 points in your account, they will remain in your account until they expire or until you use them.
Maximum of 35 gallons in one fill-up.​

If you fill up 35 gallons, buying a $500 Visa/MC gift card will be a $46.50 money maker.

Math:
1500 points = $52.50 off 35 gallon fill-up
$500 Visa/MC Gift Card has $5.95 fee.
$52.50-$6 = $46.50 MM.
Can someone help me with the math? I have 3000 points (but is it capped at 2200?).... if I fill up with 14 gallons at one time, how many points will I have used up? And what would be remaining?

Malvina

Level 2 Member
Can someone help me with the math? I have 3000 points (but is it capped at 2200?).... if I fill up with 14 gallons at one time, how many points will I have used up? And what would be remaining?
If you have S&S points they are capped at 2200. If you fill up 14 gal all 2200 points will be deducted. Remaining - 800.
If ( for example) you have 1100 points left you fill up up to 35 gal for $1.10/1100 off.
Your savings will equal 10¢ per gallon for every 100 points you have earned (up to a maximum of 2,200 points per visit/$2.20 per gallon).

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
If you have S&S points they are capped at 2200. If you fill up 14 gal all 2200 points will be deducted. Remaining - 800.
If ( for example) you have 1100 points left you fill up up to 35 gal for $1.10/1100 off.
Your savings will equal 10¢ per gallon for every 100 points you have earned (up to a maximum of 2,200 points per visit/$2.20 per gallon).
What if I fill up with half tank (e.g. 8 gallons)?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Just loaded up my card with 6000 points, drove to the nearby shell and went through screen prompts- at the end it said 'you got 10cents off'.

I had a 'helper' and when I asked them why it wasn't showing $2.20 they had no idea what was happening, and hit cancel transaction.

I tried to put the card in again and it said 'invalid card' tried a different pump and the same...

Hot tips from gas pros- is this usual, will it reset etc?

Cheers
Matt

johnny cash

Level 2 Member
Just loaded up my card with 6000 points, drove to the nearby shell and went through screen prompts- at the end it said 'you got 10cents off'.

I had a 'helper' and when I asked them why it wasn't showing $2.20 they had no idea what was happening, and hit cancel transaction.

I tried to put the card in again and it said 'invalid card' tried a different pump and the same...

Hot tips from gas pros- is this usual, will it reset etc?

Cheers
Matt
Not sure, but I think it might take 24 hours for points to register and be available for redemption.

johnny cash

Level 2 Member
What if I fill up with half tank (e.g. 8 gallons)?
It doesn't matter how much gas you get. Each time you go to the pump for gas and use your s&s/giant card, you will save up to 2.20 (or in some Pa. locations full gas price), depending on your balance. You can get .0001 gallon up to 35 gallons each time. Obviously it is worthwhile to maximize your points. Get gas tanks or come with family member and friend and have them fill up after you (without putting nozzle back). YMMV on this, but where I live, the gas attendants expect you to come with 2 cars and are surprised when I am alone!