Europe to U.S. via. Asia

DL172

Level 2 Member
I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for any FF program that allows one to travel from Europe to the Eastern seaboard via Asia? A stopover would be preferable, but well beggars can't be choosers, I can easily do just with a layover in Asia.

Based on some preliminary research, it seems US Airways sometimes misprices awards to allow for this sort of routing, but it doesn't seem really legal and don't want to lock in two awards.

If this routing is not possible at all, any recommendations for the lowest mileage amount ticket in business or first departing Europe and arriving in North Asia?

sriki

Level 2 Member
I am going to try an out of box suggestion here. Can you check out CX award chart? They have a distance based award chart that allows stopover and/or open jaws. I am not familiar with their routing rules and flight schedules yet. I read an artcile about CX vanishing from Amex transfers & wanted to look for sweet spots in that.

DL172

Level 2 Member
I am going to try an out of box suggestion here. Can you check out CX award chart? They have a distance based award chart that allows stopover and/or open jaws. I am not familiar with their routing rules and flight schedules yet. I read an artcile about CX vanishing from Amex transfers & wanted to look for sweet spots in that.
Thanks, for the tip. Unfortunately, Asia Miles don't price one-ways at 50% of, already exorbitant, round trips. I price out of any sweet spots.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
It may be possible with Lifemiles by forcing the airline on their search engine. IIRC, the example given at TravelCon was US to EU via Asia. Someone correct me if my memory is fading.

DL172

Level 2 Member
It may be possible with Lifemiles by forcing the airline on their search engine. IIRC, the example given at TravelCon was US to EU via Asia. Someone correct me if my memory is fading.
Would care to know, but not sure how to obtain Lifemiles.