Dismiss Notice
Welcome to The Forum. Please register here, to join the conversation. It only takes a moment!

Espresso Capsules

Discussion in 'M.S.R.P' started by VRHunter, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Dante

Dante New Member

I buy 100 capsules/month ($70) for the wife. I tried Gourmesso, Highline, and some other brands, but none are as good as Nespresso.

If I were to get 1000 capsules ($400 US) shipped, how much is customs going to charge me? Do they even bother?

2. niehlin2

niehlin2 Level 2 Member

This is stated on cbp website for people bringing in. But I don't know how much tax will be charged if shipped.

"If you are returning from countries other than the Caribbean countries or U.S. insular possession you are entitled to an $800 duty-free exemption and the next $1,000 worth of the goods you purchased is subject to a flat rate of 3%. If the value exceeds $1,800, the remaining duty will be determined based on duty rates in the harmonized tariff schedule, which are generally between 0-10% (except for clothing and textiles, which can be much higher, up to 25%)."

3. VRHunter

VRHunter Level 2 Member

50 Nespresso capsules for $15 by creating a new Nesspresso account and getting a $20 credit.
    Order went through for me. We'll see whether they'll fulfill and how scalable this is.

Code:
    https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1494649/

4. NickinSanDiego

NickinSanDiego Level 2 Member

Thanks. Got a few orders in. Wife will be pleased.

5. niehlin2

niehlin2 Level 2 Member

Thanks @VRHunter. You rock! I was in Paris 2 weeks ago but didn't have time to get the capsules. Placed 6 orders this morning.

6. Dante

Dante New Member

My first order was the 50 capsule Mother’s Day Selection for $15.20, this deal is fantastic!

Update: made 3 additional 50 capsule purchases for a total of 200 capsules for $60 dollars.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  7. VRHunter

VRHunter Level 2 Member

My first order shipped but subsequent orders are pending.
    I've got a feeling they're not allowing multiple $15 orders to the same name/address with different email addresses.

8. Jamie

Jamie Level 2 Member

I'm so glad I stumbled on this. There are quite a few people in my life without Nespresso machines. Why shouldn't they have their own acct?

9. niehlin2

niehlin2 Level 2 Member

Same here. I ordered 2 for husband, daughter, and me. Received one shipment for each of us.

10. Dante

Dante New Member

...none for the dogs???

11. niehlin2

niehlin2 Level 2 Member

That's a great idea. But they no longer live with us and not sure if they will like coffee any way.

12. Dante

Dante New Member

they're cute!

13. Andy

Andy Level 2 Member

This is why I follow the forums! Thank you for this!

14. VRHunter

VRHunter Level 2 Member

Free chocolate [40 little squares] with your order of 7 Nespresso sleeves: Use code MILK or DARK
    Order online or over the phone. Expires 11:59PM PST November 21, 2016

15. VRHunter

VRHunter Level 2 Member

Free Aeroccino Plus frother with 300+ OrignalLine capsules with code MILK1 (or 220+ VertuoLine capsules with code MILK2).

Although these retail for $99 they sell on Amazon for ~$60.
    I have one and I've been mostly happy with it in terms of the results it delivers, although it busted due to electrical problems about 12 months in (and they replaced it under warranty).
    I'm considering taking advantage of this offer for a backup unit. Or could be useful for gift giving or resale if you're into that.

One question: I see they have an Aeroccino4 that's dishwasher safe, has a single stirrer (rather than one you swap out for steam vs froth on the Aeroccino Plus), and looks like higher capacity (the Aeroccino Plus tends to be prone to overflowing in my experience.

Does anyone have experience with the Aeroccino4 vs the Aeroccino Plus to say whether the newer model is better?

16. SJCRussell

SJCRussell Level 2 Member Premium Supporter

The work around I've found for this is to microwave your milk in advance for up to a minute to partly heat it up before using the frother. This way there is slightly less frothing and thus no overflow.
    "the Aeroccino Plus tends to be prone to overflowing in my experience".

17. VRHunter

VRHunter Level 2 Member

On a recent trip back to Paris they enforced a 300 capsule limit for those without a Nespresso club membership tied to a French address.
    That's about as much as I want to stuff in my luggage so not a big deal, but still...

Here's an active deal if you're up for creating new accounts:
    https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1567339

In my past experience same name at a given address can be problematic, but we'll see...

18. SJCRussell

SJCRussell Level 2 Member Premium Supporter

I did the same at Xmas, but in the UK with the pound at under 1.3 $/£ worked out at about 034c each

19. heavenlyjane

heavenlyjane Level 2 Member

Wow, I'll be in Paris in two days. I'd be happy if I can find the Nespresso Cuba limited edition pods that is no longer being in the US.

20. Dangaroo

Dangaroo Level 2 Member

Mother's Day $20 off $35 order is here. Gets cost down to $0.439 per capsule shipped if buying $35 worth.

21. heavenlyjane

heavenlyjane Level 2 Member

Does this Mother's Day deal require a promo code? Are you talking about Nespresso.com?

22. Dangaroo

Dangaroo Level 2 Member

No promo code, and it is Nespresso.com. You might need to click on the banner at the top, not sure. But definitely didn't need to put in any code. However, it will only work for a new account. So time to create a new account :D