Easy 12,500+ points for Southwest through utilities

Cytraveler

Level 2 Member
I got an offer from nrg that I don't think is public for residents of PA. It's for 10,000 Rapid Rewards points after 2 months with nrg, and an extra 2,500 points if you have a SW cc (you have to have the cc first to get the 2,500 extra). And you get $.03/$ spent if you have a cc, but that doesn't amount to much (especially because that's only on the actual kwh, not distribution costs, which is about half the costs). You get 3 months of $.066/kwh, then it's variable, but there's no cancellation fee. You do have to be careful on these; sometimes companies jack up the price, so monitor it carefully. They say it can go up a max of 30%. The price of $.066 is competitive. Although my area (Pittsburgh, on Columbia gas) isn't eligible for the natural gas bonus, if you are, that's another 2,500 points, with almost no risk with the summer coming up.

The link is nrghomepower.com/SWAPA03 or call 1-855-674-7697. It's not pre-filled, so I think anyone can use it, but I don't see it on the SW site. It expires May 31st.

If you live in TX, there are even better offers from the Southwest partner site:

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/partners/home-and-lifestyle/index.html

That site also lists offers for residents of IL, MA, MD, NJ, OH, or PA, but it's only 5,000 points as a base bonus, so use the link I put above if possible (maybe there's a better bonus for non-PA residents too?).

Has anyone from other areas gotten SW offers for utilities? For people going after a companion pass (like me; just got the Plus and Premier) it's a great way to round out the points. Although I can't speak from experience, I have read elsewhere that these points DO count towards the companion pass (though there is about a 3 month delay before you'll get points, and of course, what I've read elsewhere could be wrong, so have a backup plan).