Dry Tortugas with Arrival Plus card?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Ack - that makes it tougher... was going to suggest looking for vendors that fit, but now it does seem quite limited. Even with one you might get lucky by buying it through an 'approved' OTA - but in this case it seems to need to be coded specifically.

Hope that someone might know, but I can tell you some smaller operators like this are coded as travel correctly.

5280miles

Level 2 Member
Thanks. To expand a little I have tried to research this quite a bit.

I searched the visa codes but couldn't find the company anywhere. I'm guessing they are operating under some other company name for billing of credit cards.

I also called the company. They called me back and said it was the first time anybody had asked that question of what type of business they are for Visa. He said he worked there for like five years but didn't have any idea. (I'm guessing he didn't understand what I was asking or I wasn't asking it correctly.)

I have also searched online but wasn't able to find anything other than some bloggers trip reports about the Dry Tortugas.

Regardless I will be booking this in the next week so I will post as to my success or failure. I hope it can be covered with Barlcay as it will open up some other opportunities to spend other budgeted dollars for this trip.

Thanks to anybody that might know.
Regards,
5280 Miles

5280miles

Level 2 Member
If anyone was following this I wanted to follow up. We ended up not going to the Dry Tortugas.

We went fishing instead. Was able to book via Viator online and redeem with Arrival +.

Wanted to add that I had really good luck with manual redemptions with Arrival +. Fairly confident that you could get this covered with Arrival points.

Good luck if anyone goes there. It is still on our list but we were too busy fishing, jet skiing, snorkeling and other things when in the keys. :D Great trip and will go again.