Does it really take Hyatt gold Passport 4 - 6 weeks to transfer points?

creditwarrior

Level 2 Member
I am planning to buy plane tickets using my hotel points accumulated through work. My Marriott points showed up already but the Hyatt points will supposedly take 4 - 6 weeks to show up? Why would it take that long? I want to buy the plane tickets for a March trip so this 4-6 week transfer is a problem.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I am planning to buy plane tickets using my hotel points accumulated through work. My Marriott points showed up already but the Hyatt points will supposedly take 4 - 6 weeks to show up? Why would it take that long? I want to buy the plane tickets for a March trip so this 4-6 week transfer is a problem.
I did a Hyatt to Southwest Transfer of 50K Hyatt Points about a week ago, it said it would take 4 - 6 weeks. The regular points (24K) transferred in about 1 week, but I had to call since the bonus points (6K) did not transfer.

tobyrocks

Level 2 Member
I did two transfers within the last month and had the 24k transfer within a week. The bonus 6k did not transfer either time. First time I had to call twice and it took about 1 1/2 weeks. The second 6k I emailed and am still waiting for the points to show up after a week.

creditwarrior

Level 2 Member
Hyatt reps told me they send a weekly airline transfer, on Mondays. Once the points leave their system on Mondays, then it's up to the airlines to process. I'm hoping my points will show up by Tuesday or Wednesday. Had I known they transfer weekly on Mondays, I would have done the transfer last Friday instead of Tuesday.

I did two transfers within the last month and had the 24k transfer within a week. The bonus 6k did not transfer either time. First time I had to call twice and it took about 1 1/2 weeks. The second 6k I emailed and am still waiting for the points to show up after a week.
This is the same exact thing that happened to me.