Does it ever take an extended amount of time to receive the bill from a stay?

Lucas

Silver Member
I had a recent stay at a Hyatt property, whereby I used a suite upgrade. It has now been almost a week, and nothing has posted to my credit card - even the hold has been withdrawn. I have always been charged almost instantly after stays with most chains. The stay has posted to my hyatt account as an award stay, but 0 points show as being subtracted (which makes sense, I am paying with my CC). Am I just extremely lucky and something glitched out on their end? Or do Hyatt properties sometimes take over a week to charge you? Thanks

smittytabb

Staff member
I had a recent stay at a Hyatt property, whereby I used a suite upgrade. It has now been almost a week, and nothing has posted to my credit card - even the hold has been withdrawn. I have always been charged almost instantly after stays with most chains. The stay has posted to my hyatt account as an award stay, but 0 points show as being subtracted (which makes sense, I am paying with my CC). Am I just extremely lucky and something glitched out on their end? Or do Hyatt properties sometimes take over a week to charge you? Thanks
My experience is that if it is a normal stay Hyatt seems to post quicker than most, usually the next day. But, if it is in any way complicated, sometimes there is some tweaking, and sometimes things are rearranged, if that makes sense. Was it points + cash or a regular stay? Usually the suite upgrade is taken out before the stay if it is a Diamond Suite upgrade. I have had lots of situations where things were regrouped after my stay but things do occasionally slip...

Lucas

Silver Member
My experience is that if it is a normal stay Hyatt seems to post quicker than most, usually the next day. But, if it is in any way complicated, sometimes there is some tweaking, and sometimes things are rearranged, if that makes sense. Was it points + cash or a regular stay? Usually the suite upgrade is taken out before the stay if it is a Diamond Suite upgrade. I have had lots of situations where things were regrouped after my stay but things do occasionally slip...
Thanks for the reply. It was booked as a regular stay. The suite upgrade was taken out prior to the stay. I did have someone else's name on the reservation because they we're arriving before me, but other than that I can't see how this was a complicated stay.

smittytabb

Staff member
Thanks for the reply. It was booked as a regular stay. The suite upgrade was taken out prior to the stay. I did have someone else's name on the reservation because they we're arriving before me, but other than that I can't see how this was a complicated stay.
Ok thanks for the info. This happened to me once when my SO was arriving before me. All of the points and stay credit did not go to me but to my SO. So check with the other person just to verify if this might have happened.

Lucas

Silver Member
Ok thanks for the info. This happened to me once when my SO was arriving before me. All of the points and stay credit did not go to me but to my SO. So check with the other person just to verify if this might have happened.
Interesting. AFAIK she hasn't received anything on her CC either - and doesn't even have a Hyatt account. I'll keep the post updated if any new info comes up.

smittytabb

Staff member
Interesting. AFAIK she hasn't received anything on her CC either - and doesn't even have a Hyatt account. I'll keep the post updated if any new info comes up.
Then I doubt it...I still have no idea how this happened to us, but I guess they looked up the number. I got there and was met in the lobby and didn't "officially" check in and even paid the bill as I was checking out, but it still was credited incorrectly!

vike

Level 2 Member
I have had gift card settlements not go through on a timely basis (I think not everyone knows how to process them), but in hundreds of Hyatt stays I have never had a credit card payment not show up within a week.

Lucas

Silver Member
Just an fyi...it was billed way late on my friends card. they then tried to tell me that because it wasn't paid for by my card (the one literally put in the reservation that received a hold), I wouldn't receive the points. quickly got that reversed with a call and all is now well.

vike

Level 2 Member
Glad to hear Hyatt finally cleared things up. They normally do, although some unexplainable things seem to happen from time to time.

smittytabb

Staff member
Just an fyi...it was billed way late on my friends card. they then tried to tell me that because it wasn't paid for by my card (the one literally put in the reservation that received a hold), I wouldn't receive the points. quickly got that reversed with a call and all is now well.
Good to hear. I even paid with my card in person at check out and had it credited not to me, so I can see how this happened for sure. Their customer service is usually very helpful and as long as you pay attention like you did and contact them regarding any discrepancies, it usually works out.