Does anyone use Metro PCS wireless?

F

Fuerza

Like many others I'm tired of paying high wireless phone bills. I currently have Verizon with 2 iPhones and 10GB of data. I pay about $200 per month, there has to be a better way. I was in the Apple Store where a guy purchased a new iPhone 6 plus in cash and simply popped in his Metro PCS SIM card and was on his way. Their plans seem very reasonable, I could get my bill down to $120 per month with basically unlimited data on T-mobile network. I know I have to buy my own phone however I'm fine with that. I hate the Verizon Edge program. Anyone have Metro PCS?

fstop75

Not on the T-Mobile network but I have been very happy with Page Plus. They are a Verizon MVNO so their coverage is the same and just recently switched their data over to 4G. Your existing Verizon iPhones are likely already compatible. so if you have been otherwise satisfied with Verizon (except the price!) you may want to consider Page Plus.

F

Fuerza

Well what I like about Metro PCS is the flat rate pricing. For 2 lines unlimited talk text and data is $110 per month! $55 per line, no taxes or ankle biter fees. I have to buy out my wife's edge upgrade. $500 but I will make up that savings in 5 months with metro. The only caveat is that we would have to wait till Metro can support the next generation of iPhone before we upgrade. Our 5s iPhone works fine though.

zeitgeist

Level 2 Member
I'm not on Metro PCS but on T-Mobile and I absolutely love them. I pay $67 for unlimited everything because I signed up when they first offered the unlimited data plan and still allowed employee discounts.

I live in a major metro area and work in the suburbs and the service is perfect all throughout and I get 4g lte everywhere. With that said, service severely lacks in real rural areas but I am rarely if ever outside the city.