Do you use your AMEX Platinum for purchases?

John B

I've been an AMEX member for almost a decade now, and am a big fan of the company in the aggregate. I've been a Platinum Cardmember for about a year. While I do appreciate the perks of the card, I never find myself actually "whipping it out" at the cash register. The points just don't seem to be that valuable when compared to my HHonors Amex or most other cards in my wallet. Any thoughts? Am I missing something? Along with that, I've only experimented in rudimentary MS, so I would still have a few cards to get through before I ever started using the Platinum for that purpose.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
This is my go to card for personal expenses. I like the protection I get and Amex's customer service. When I have a questionable charge, in 95% of the cases Amex waives the charge and I am good to go.

I also have a business go to card, ink.

Then I have 10+ cards that I spend on depending what I am doing, so I stay at an IHG, I use their card, I book a UA ticket, I use their card, etc. plus the MS cards, that I use only for MS. It gets very confusing keeping all these cards straight. I think earning 100K MR points for $10K spend is an awesome MS use. I am on my second card in 4 months

F

Fuerza

I bought my iPad Air 2 and my Mac Book Air with my platinum card. One year additional extended warranty or I could have purchases Apple care or Best Buy extended care for more money.

John B

I agree with you both about the customer service and warranty protection. Amex does great things with so many of their cards in those regard. Thanks for your input.