Discover Card Deals

hsinaz

Level 2 Member
I tried this just now and AGC rejected purchase with message to call card issuer. Called Discover, they said my CA limit is 1100 and the order is coming in as CA for 1503.95 :( I could just buy 1000 worth but CA fees would kill this deal. Any ideas?

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
I tried this just now and AGC rejected purchase with message to call card issuer. Called Discover, they said my CA limit is 1100 and the order is coming in as CA for 1503.95 :( I could just buy 1000 worth but CA fees would kill this deal. Any ideas?
Try reading my post just a few above yours.

hsinaz

Level 2 Member
Never mind.. Just read cdancer20's post above. Thanks all. I am going to take that risk and do 1000 first and then do 500 next month :) Even with fees I it will be good. Hopefully no CA :)

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a VGC from Giftcardmall last month with my Discover card with the hope of getting 5% CB, but my last statement only showed 1% CB for that purpose. Maybe other gift cards purchased from Giftcardmall would get 5% CB, but I don't have experience with that.
Bought 1k Kohl's gift cards from the other day when there was 20% back from TopCashBack and GCM posted as 5%. Now I just need to fight TCP + GCM for the 20%

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
Bought 1k Kohl's gift cards from the other day when there was 20% back from TopCashBack and GCM posted as 5%. Now I just need to fight TCP + GCM for the 20%
You're lucky you got anything for Kohl's GCs. I'm still 3 months into a dispute trying to get that CB from TCB.

F

Fuerza

I bought my Amex gift cards and it doesn't appear anything was rewarded. I had the Walgreens offer which I earned $50 there but nothing posted from the Amex gift cards. The purchase method on my statement says online.

thepaul500

Level 2 Member
I bought my Amex gift cards and it doesn't appear anything was rewarded. I had the Walgreens offer which I earned $50 there but nothing posted from the Amex gift cards. The purchase method on my statement says online.
I think I had the same thing (from the walgreen 1k@5% CB). I had to secure message back and forth a few times, they said I wasn't enrolled in the promotion, but gave me the 50 credit anyways after I pushed a little.

shoppergirl

Level 2 Member
I received this promotional offer from Discover. I've been using the shopping portal a ton during the last few months and also maximized the 5% bonus. Otherwise, this isn't a card I've used much in the last few years. First time receiving any type of promotional offer. Here's the details:

You will earn $300 Cashback Bonus after you make a total of at least $2,000 in purchases each calendar month from 2/1/15 to 6/30/15 with your Discover card. These transactions must be made by the last day of each calendar month. Discover is not responsible for merchant delays in processing transactions. If you do not reach $2,000 in purchases in each of those months, make a return that brings the monthly amount spent below $2,000, or convert to a Miles reward program, you no longer qualify to participate in this offer and will no longer be able to earn $300 Cashback Bonus.* You will, however, continue to earn your standard Cashback Bonus on every single purchase automatically.

To take advantage of this great offer, use your Discover card for all your purchases such as groceries and gasoline, restaurants and retail stores, as well as monthly bills like cell phone, internet and cable. You can track your progress towards your extra Cashback Bonus by visiting Discover.com/ExtraCBB.

Make Discover your primary credit card and take your Cashback Bonus to the next level! Thank you for being a loyal Discover Cardmember.

madage

Level 2 Member
These are fairly common if you don't use your Discover card for a while. I got a $500 bonus a couple of years ago for charging $3,000/month for five months.

dcb

Level 2 Member
I got the spend $3k/month for 6 mths, get $500 cb last year. DW is working on the same bonus right now. Turns out to be about 4% with all the monthly categories and can be much higher double-dipping with some occasional other deals (Walgreens 5% last year).

Last edited:

smittytabb

Staff member
I received this promotional offer from Discover. I've been using the shopping portal a ton during the last few months and also maximized the 5% bonus. Otherwise, this isn't a card I've used much in the last few years. First time receiving any type of promotional offer. Here's the details:

You will earn $300 Cashback Bonus after you make a total of at least $2,000 in purchases each calendar month from 2/1/15 to 6/30/15 with your Discover card. These transactions must be made by the last day of each calendar month. Discover is not responsible for merchant delays in processing transactions. If you do not reach $2,000 in purchases in each of those months, make a return that brings the monthly amount spent below $2,000, or convert to a Miles reward program, you no longer qualify to participate in this offer and will no longer be able to earn $300 Cashback Bonus.* You will, however, continue to earn your standard Cashback Bonus on every single purchase automatically.

To take advantage of this great offer, use your Discover card for all your purchases such as groceries and gasoline, restaurants and retail stores, as well as monthly bills like cell phone, internet and cable. You can track your progress towards your extra Cashback Bonus by visiting Discover.com/ExtraCBB.

Make Discover your primary credit card and take your Cashback Bonus to the next level! Thank you for being a loyal Discover Cardmember.
Working on the similar promotion for $200 cash back and it was for months of 12/14, 1/15, 2/15, 3/15. So, these seem to be targeted.

Someone

Level 2 Member
I just got an email to sign up to spend $3k/mo from 2/15-7/15 and get a $500 bonus. I normally just max out the 5% categories, though I used my card at Evolve once last month just to try it out.

Since $500/$18000 is only 2.77%, I'm not sure this is worth it. Even if I subtract $4500 for the quarterly categories (which I may not be able to max out 2Q or 3Q), I'd see $500/$13500 for 3.7%

Maybe if I combine that with portal cashback for AGCs it could break 5%, but it still seems lukewarm to me.

I also haven't converted my Discover More to an It, so my normal earning rate is negligible.

Any ideas?

Someone

Level 2 Member
I never get any of this targeted shit. Sucks.
Well, I rarely get any of the *good* targeted stuff, if it makes you feel any better. Once upon a time I received a Centurion offer, but that was going to cost $5k! I'm way more into banks paying *me*

Still trying to figure out how best to maximize the Discover offer, if anyone has ideas...

Someone

Level 2 Member
Sometimes they have good offers, but they tend to end really quick
Yeah, I've been looking through the Discover Deals section but they're all pretty weak right now. I'm mainly looking for something I can liquidate at moderate scale ($3k/mo), but all the deals seem to exclude giftcards.

sameoldme

Level 2 Member

These offers are awesome because they stack with the 5% categories.

Darlene

Level 2 Member
I had no idea Discover offered those bonuses! I have to check my email now. Last year they gave me an extra 2% back on everything (this offer came in the mail) on top of the 5% and another 2% on international spending (found out about this while talking to customer service for something else). Now I always ask. Accepted in Canada. Had we needed gas there I could have gotten 9% back!