Discover Card Deals

giddyforpoints

Level 2 Member
Just learned that not all cash back deals are on the Discover website like the 5% rotating categories. You can just call 1-800-Discover to sign up for these deals. For example:

Until 12/31/14, you can get 2% cash back on all international purchases up to $1,500.
Until 12/31/14, you can get 5% cash back on all Six flags purchases up to $200.

Of course for International purchases you can just use your Barclays Arrival card that earns 2x and now has chip and pin technology but it is an option for those who don't have the Barclays.

incendia

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the info I knew about the sixflags but not the other. Sixflags has a deal with discover and there are other amenities as well

The discover card also has no foreign transaction fees so that 2% could be very useful

mario

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the tip. I will be calling to enroll in those other bonuses. Now the only challenge is finding an international location that accepts Discover...

bluebug

Level 2 Member
Watch your inbox, I recently Received a targeted offer for $400 extra cash back if I spend $2,500 or more each month between June 1 and November 30. Offer requires sign up.

Evernyte

Level 2 Member
Just as a personal note, I got back from Scotland/England in January and nobody would take Discover. Granted I quit using after the 2nd day but for me it was hard to use there.

Maria Sangria

Level 51
Just received this offer via email:

Simply switch your spending to Discover for an opportunity to earn an extra $500 Cashback Bonus. Don't change your spending, just change your card. The extra $500 Cashback Bonus is on top of the Cashback Bonus you already earn with every purchase. Spend at least $3,500 each calendar month from 7/1/14 to 12/31/14

houstonmama

Level 2 Member
I don't see this on my account. I checked Discover Deals menu option and Cashback Promo menu option. Where's the option?
I see it on the first page that pops up after you log in. If you look on the right of the screen under "5% Cashback Bonus", I have 3 options..Gas Stations that ends Sept then under that %5 choose a store then online shopping.

madage

Level 2 Member
I see it on the first page that pops up after you log in. If you look on the right of the screen under "5% Cashback Bonus", I have 3 options..Gas Stations that ends Sept then under that %5 choose a store then online shopping.
Does everyone have the same choices? Here are mine:
Capture.PNG

loves2fly

Gold Member
I got this offer last month in my Disc Open road that I rarely use ~ Get $100 cash back when you spend $500 or more every month from August till December 2014. That's an easy $20 monthly just one buying one OV @ WAG.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

I think the additional offer is available to everyone.

Malvina

Level 2 Member
I do not have this offer. And I do not have the same layout of sign ups.
But I have a large cashback sum and cannot decide what to do with it.

PNW-MSSER

Level 2 Member
Discover doesnt work for most places I visit, I find capital one 1.5% to be pretty decent with 0 international transaction fee.

dcb

Level 2 Member
DW got targeted for $3000/mth for 6 mths, $500 bonus. Weird thing is I had her signed up for the Walgreen's 5% but that is gone now from her CB deals. Not sure is there is a correlation, because I'm not sure when it disappeared. I guess I don't really like Wags anyway, there are much easier stores to deal with.

Nucstorm

Level 2 Member
Mine doesn't show up either. But you can talk to customer service and they will let you know if you are enrolled. If you have the email saying you were enrolled, that is your back up which you can fax to them if need be.

dcb

Level 2 Member
I do not have this offer. And I do not have the same layout of sign ups.
But I have a large cashback sum and cannot decide what to do with it.
I like to use cb for staples gcs, $20 gets you $25. Then use on FAR items. I also have loads to use. Way more than I can do at staples. Might let it sit 'till I can think of something else.

Mine doesn't show up either. But you can talk to customer service and they will let you know if you are enrolled. If you have the email saying you were enrolled, that is your back up which you can fax to them if need be.
I did get the email. Not sure if want to bother. Although, 5% on top of 2.7% targeted that starts next month sounds nice. I just have read all about OV's at wally and don't really want to play that game.

Nucstorm

Level 2 Member
I did get the email. Not sure if want to bother. Although, 5% on top of 2.7% targeted that starts next month sounds nice. I just have read all about OV's at wally and don't really want to play that game.
You should be fine then. I got the email but I do not see it on my front page.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Bought 2x visa gift cards at a new Walgreens. They only allow one per day but that was enough.

smittytabb

Staff member
I didn't get the "Choose a Store" offer either. I just dug an old Discover out of the sock drawer a month or so ago and realized it did have the 5% Cash Back Bonuses each quarter so I am using it again. It was one of the original cards so had no idea it would get these category bonuses, so that was a nice surprise.

dcb

Level 2 Member
I didn't get the "Choose a Store" offer either. I just dug an old Discover out of the sock drawer a month or so ago and realized it did have the 5% Cash Back Bonuses each quarter so I am using it again. It was one of the original cards so had no idea it would get these category bonuses, so that was a nice surprise.
Yeah, I've been a disc card holder for 25 years. I always think about going after all these other cards but in the last year we've gotten two targeted $500's. Then there is the Q3 gas, Q4 online, and we used the Q2 HI on a new furnace. I think that's about $1400.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

There's a thread on FT with a signup link that seemed to work for a number of people.

dcb

Level 2 Member
ok, just noticed that the wags offer shows on the account activity page but not the main page where it first appeared

hsinaz

Level 2 Member
Help! I have 5% CB for online purchases by 12/31. Are there any GC buying oppotunities online that this will work for? Read somewhere gift card mall or AGC but not sure if they will count as 5% or exactly how to go about it.

Jivepicnic

Level 2 Member
Help! I have 5% CB for online purchases by 12/31. Are there any GC buying oppotunities online that this will work for? Read somewhere gift card mall or AGC but not sure if they will count as 5% or exactly how to go about it.
I bought a VGC from Giftcardmall last month with my Discover card with the hope of getting 5% CB, but my last statement only showed 1% CB for that purpose. Maybe other gift cards purchased from Giftcardmall would get 5% CB, but I don't have experience with that.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
I believe that AGC works. However you just have to be careful about how much you order from AGC. If it's more than the amount that you have set aside for Cash Advance, then it will not go through. AGC initially processes to Discover as CA but then posts as purchase.