Discount Costco Membership = Cheaper Car Rentals

For a limited time, Living Social is offering a discounted Costco Membership. I purchased this deal when it was offered previously, and I wanted to share because I’ve gotten some great values out of my Costco membership. In addition to an ability to buy way too much junk food (they do have some organics too), mayonnaise jars large enough to last a lifetime, and churros at the food court, they also have really great deals on car rentals that you can book online. I have found Costco car rental deals to be extremely competitive & have already saved the cost of the membership when compared to other prices. They also often sell restaurant gift cards and attraction tickets at a discount (ours recently had Cirque du Soleil tickets and tons of local restaurants discounted).

Here are the details of the deal:

• $55 for a Gold Star Membership (Includes a free Household card – which for us means that my husband and I each got a card)
• Valid for new members only; not valid for renewal of an existing Costco membership
• Limited quantity available

As part of this exclusive offer, all new members will receive:

• $20 Costco Cash Card
  • One apple pie
  • One rotisserie chicken
  • One 30-pack of two-ply bath tissue
  • Plus, enjoy three months of free identity protection service brought to you by Identity Guard® (a $40.47 value)
Not only that, but you can earn cash back on Living Social purchases when you go through a shopping portal, such as Ebates:

Here are the current payouts from my favorite shopping portals. My favorites are the ones that I have used & that have been consistent with paying me when I click through their site (these are my referral links, so I thank you if you choose to use them to sign up!):

TopCashBack = 6%

Mr. Rebates = 5% – you also get a bonus with your first purchase when you sign up

Ebates = 3%

Once you sign up for the shopping portal, just search for Living Social in the search box. Click on Living Social & you will be directed to the website, where you can search for the Costco deal.

The post Discount Costco Membership = Cheaper Car Rentals appeared first on The American Travel Project.

Continue reading...