Cx / Cathay - When exactly do award seats open up

G1ant

Level 2 Member
One thing I can add from experience last week is that using ba.com or qantas is not always a good indication of actual availability.
I was looking for HKG-LAX in F and BA showed availability on the day I wanted. But when I called AA they said only J that day. But there was an F seat the following day even though both BA and Qantas showed nothing.
So, the best way is to call.

falconbeach

Level 2 Member
On a related note, if I were unable to find availability for F on BA for a flight ~5 months out on CX or any other flight (trying to take advantage before devaluation), is it going to get better or am I just not likely to be able to find any award availability? Only looking for 1 seat.

Mark Pepper

On a related note, if I were unable to find availability for F on BA for a flight ~5 months out on CX or any other flight (trying to take advantage before devaluation), is it going to get better or am I just not likely to be able to find any award availability? Only looking for 1 seat.

I ended up using an awards booking service after being unable to book F myself on CX to HKG. in the end, it was $200 well spent and saved me from losing my mind searching. Private message me if you want a contacr name.