CSR - Reapply or Call?

Xtina

So i was denied thanks to the 5/24 rule and in unusually bad form, I didnt check my credit report until after this. One of my cards has since fallen off and i am not at 4/24.
I still want this card - should i reapply or call the reconsideration line? What do you think?

dukerau

Level 2 Member
I'd call reconsideration, not reapply for sure.
If the issue is that OP was at 5/24 and is now at 4/24, I'd just reapply. May get auto approval rather than having to convince a Chase rep to repull bureau and ignore the 5/24 from before.

Viet Travelers

Level 2 Member
Call recon again. Do not reapply. Tell them that you are willing to relocate CL. Then tell them that you are under 5/24 now that the other account is seasoned.

Xtina

Call recon again. Do not reapply. Tell them that you are willing to relocate CL. Then tell them that you are under 5/24 now that the other account is seasoned.
didnt get auto approved this time. will wait and then call reconsideration line when i get the next letter.

DID sign up my mom, she got auto approved. i will be using her card until i get my own. so for now, not amazing but netter than nothing - thats for sure!