Citi Thankyou Premier 60k/3.5k spend

smittytabb

Staff member
Yesterday I got a letter confirming the approval and the terms - 60K after $3.5K spend. Happy to see it in writing. Everything else can wait!

smittytabb

Staff member
OK, so I called Citi today just to see what is up with the credit cards going out so late. The nice representative from Kentucky shared with me that there has been a delay getting these out. She told me that mine had not even been mailed yet and that I would be getting another letter dated Sept. 5 saying that there is a delay. No word on what caused the delay (probably their shock at how many apps they got in such a short period:) So, don't hold your breath. It's coming, eventually. No way to expedite, evidently. Also, they give a two week grace period to get spend done. My spend, for example, has to be completed by Dec. 14, 2015. So, that's the word on the street.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
OK, so I called Citi today just to see what is up with the credit cards going out so late. The nice representative from Kentucky shared with me that there has been a delay getting these out. She told me that mine had not even been mailed yet and that I would be getting another letter dated Sept. 5 saying that there is a delay. No word on what caused the delay (probably their shock at how many apps they got in such a short period:) So, don't hold your breath.
Slight OT: I received my statement for a Citi card which cut on 8/18 yesterday (9/8)... Payment due on 9/14. Though I wasn't waiting for the statement, since I regularly check and monitor my accounts online, they included an apology note ("Due to processing error, your statement arrived later than planned. As a reminder your payment is due <sic in 6 days> ... but your account will not be impacted & late fees will be waived"

So this is the 2nd snafu in a span of 5 weeks..think they need to switch vendors : I was PC'd to World Elite... they sent me twins (2 duplicate cards) to replace a World card LOL

smittytabb

Staff member
Yeah evidently, I didn't rate the package for my letter with the pin. It came through US mail and I got it yesterday in a letter only. Others have reported packages too.

smittytabb

Staff member
Slight OT: I received my statement for a Citi card which cut on 8/18 yesterday (9/8)... Payment due on 9/14. Though I wasn't waiting for the statement, since I regularly check and monitor my accounts online, they included an apology note ("Due to processing error, your statement arrived later than planned. As a reminder your payment is due <sic in 6 days> ... but your account will not be impacted & late fees will be waived"

So this is the 2nd snafu in a span of 5 weeks..think they need to switch vendors : I was PC'd to World Elite... they sent me twins (2 duplicate cards) to replace a World card LOL
Yeah, I also monitor online and come to think of it, bills have been showing up pretty late. By then I have already paid :eek:

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
We're still waiting but got further communication from them via email that account changes had been made per our request (setting cash advance to $0).

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Got the card 5 min. ago.
Me too (on Saturday) finally! Are there really people who are impressed with the package they send this card in? I wonder how much it costs to send one card?

All of it went in the trash within 30 seconds. Why do companies waste their money on this crap?

smittytabb

Staff member
Me too (on Saturday) finally! Are there really people who are impressed with the package they send this card in? I wonder how much it costs to send one card?

All of it went in the trash within 30 seconds. Why do companies waste their money on this crap?
Did it come via mail or other carrier? By the time mine shows up all the things I was planning to use it for for the spend will be over. First I was going to use it for the estimated tax bill. Paid that already. Then I was going to use it at my gas station that sells OVs. That gig ended Friday. Then I was going to take it with me on a trip. It probably won't get here in time. This is silly.

LoveMountains

Level 2 Member
It came via USPS. Package was indeed impressive and went right into the trash.
Card was for my wife and she was very disappointed that this CC churning gig, that I've signed her up for, is generating so much garbage.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
The only people allowed to moan and complain are those that are still waiting to get their cards! o_O

I went ahead and applied for the Citi Exec. Now I can wait for two Premier cards and two Execs. How long does it take before I quit holding my breath every time I click the submit application button?

smittytabb

Staff member
The only people allowed to moan and complain are those that are still waiting to get their cards! o_O

I went ahead and applied for the Citi Exec. Now I can wait for two Premier cards and two Execs. How long does it take before I quit holding my breath every time I click the submit application button?
Based upon past experience I am wagering you'll get the Citi Exec immediately, as in it will probably arrive before the Premier.

smittytabb

Staff member
Well, the first application was 17 days ago. First Exec was 5 days ago. Maybe tomorrow. Lol
Well they used to expedite both the Citi Exec and the Citi Prestige. Something major is going on with them because literally I got both of the aforementioned cards the day after I was approved via FedEx or something similar.

sound48

Level 2 Member
I got the card from 8/27 about a week ago. Any luck getting the offer matched? I applied for the 50k offer and the 60k offer became available that night. Got a letter from Citi saying it was a mistake to list the 60k offer publicly so they won't match.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
My dh got his 60k card (finally). I haven't gotten my 50K. Wouldn't match here either. Our Citi Exec's came 9/19. Applied for those 8 days later. Met spend today. My statement closes on 9/23.

When I called to ask about the delay, I was told they went with a new company handling the credit cards. No offer of extra points, but it's difficult for me to act annoyed when I'm incredibly grateful for them approving us especially after Chase.

smittytabb

Staff member
My dh got his 60k card (finally). I haven't gotten my 50K. Wouldn't match here either. Our Citi Exec's came 9/19. Applied for those 8 days later. Met spend today. My statement closes on 9/23.

When I called to ask about the delay, I was told they went with a new company handling the credit cards. No offer of extra points, but it's difficult for me to act annoyed when I'm incredibly grateful for them approving us especially after Chase.
Yeah, I figured your Citi Exec would beat it since it is always expedited. I actually did get my Citi TY Premier already. I was in Sweden and DH was opening envelopes to see if it had come or not and the box was he expected the card to be in. It arrived on 9/19. That is the longest I have ever had to wait to receive a credit card as it was about three weeks.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Just got my CIti TY Premier today. Not even going to start meeting spend on it and my husband's until next month. Just finished up the Execs and I have around 9k left to load and liquidate. Using reloadit safe is taking forever as it will only let me load or unload 1k a day. Tried out DG on my husband's Serve card. No problems there, so will start doing that and dump 5k into REDcard next month.

smittytabb

Staff member
Fortunately since my daughter is getting married next month I have no problem with spend. Right now manufacturing is not a problem. So, mostly I hope some of the spend I will do will count as entertainment!

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Fortunately since my daughter is getting married next month I have no problem with spend. Right now manufacturing is not a problem. So, mostly I hope some of the spend I will do will count as entertainment!
Congrats on the wedding. Haven't figured out how you have time to MS and get ready for a wedding, or maybe the MS is paying for the wedding. Lol