Citi Thankyou Premier 60k/3.5k spend

lz80521

Level 2.5 Member
Looks like this should be the highest offer in recent years?
Enjoy:)

Code:
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/thankyou/Premier/2015/May/internal/default.htm
Update:
The link above seems not working. Please try the link in @CCTWW3 post #19.

Last edited:

knarayan

Level 2 Member
thanks guys !! PRG yesterday and this today.... and same for my wife as well...
The only thing pending is to see whether to apply for the 100K plat? decisions.. decisions..

raccah

Level 2 Member
Not sure I understand the real transfer value for TYP, sure there are a couple of airlines, but this is such a step child to MR/SPG/UR that I do not see the value. Sure diversify, but diversify for what?

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Saw a tweet from Travel with Grant that a call to CS got them to add 10K to a very recent app for the card.

smittytabb

Staff member
Not sure I understand the real transfer value for TYP, sure there are a couple of airlines, but this is such a step child to MR/SPG/UR that I do not see the value. Sure diversify, but diversify for what?
Not for transfer, but for buying AA tickets for 1.6 cents per mile when you also have the Citi Prestige. Went for the Citi TY Preferred late this afternoon as I was worried it might not last. Almost approved on the phone, but they have to have a senior analyst sign of on it since I have so much credit with them. Fingers crossed. They already took 8K from another line so hopefully this will be a go.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Just applied online for my dh and he was approved. Course we just started with apps this month. Because I put him as an AU on my CSP, he was denied for his own CSP. Still waiting to see if he was approved for the Ink.

Last edited:

smittytabb

Staff member
damn today was plus 8 days for me, the offer is no longer available!
Oh wow. My instincts were correct. I wasn't ready to apply as I had some larger balances with statements that had just closed that I should have paid off first, but I thought I better jump on this one ASAP despite that. Lasted less than 24 hours? Geez. Are you sure there isn't a link somewhere?

CCTWW3

Level 2 Member
Link at the top by OP appears dead but below gets you to a Citi Premier landing page with the 60K offer spelled out:

Code:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?app=UNSOL&ProspectID=F75B3D86886D4C6BAD3EDB7A294A53F6&sc=4MMZ5JZ5&m=73AU111111W&B=C&ID=3131&uc=E46&t=t&naInd=M&intc=7~1~64~1~150715~1~26~JulyOfferBannerTest~000017001

somdave2005

Level 2 Member
This is a good offer, signed my wife up for 60K. For those who had the card recently, just call in and have them match the bonus. Lots of success reports on that.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Anyone get their Premier 60K card yet? Citi is taking their sweet time in getting these out. I was approved on the 28th and it is still a no-show.

I guess I'm spoiled by AMEX. They next-day aired the Platinum card to my house.

smittytabb

Staff member
Anyone get their Premier 60K card yet? Citi is taking their sweet time in getting these out. I was approved on the 28th and it is still a no-show.

I guess I'm spoiled by AMEX. They next-day aired the Platinum card to my house.
No, figure I will get it the middle of next week. Three months ago I got the Citi Prestige the day after approval. It seems to be about how they rank the card. Presitge and AA Exec they fast track, the others, not so much.

smittytabb

Staff member
What are the chances this will come back as an official 60k offer soon?
Not good I don't think. The 50K offers were really good compared to what it used to be. Used to have to earn the points staggered over several years. You got a certain number after the spend, then you had to keep it open until the next year to get the next set. The 50K up front was a huge improvement over that. I have to think the 60K was not meant to be permanent. Check out this post from January to see that then the 50K was a big deal. Things can change quickly though.
https://saverocity.com/forum/threads/citi-pre-qualfied-offers.90660/#post-139780

swazzie

Level 2 Member
Still waiting; I was also approved on 8/28. UPS sent an email on 8/31 mentioning a delivery from Citicorp on 9/1. On 9/1 an email was sent stating the package couldn't be delivered. I called Citi on Thursday and the rep said to call back if the card hadn't arrived in 10 business days. An UPS email on 9/4 states delivery on Tuesday 9/8.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I can do one better. My dh was approved 8/28. No card yet AND we got a notice today that his account statement of $o.oo was on the way. Kind of hard to spend money when you don't have the card. I did find out the last four digits though.

MrDioji

Level 2 Member
I can do one better. My dh was approved 8/28. No card yet AND we got a notice today that his account statement of $o.oo was on the way. Kind of hard to spend money when you don't have the card. I did find out the last four digits though.
Citi has always been slow to send cards to me. I've become spoiled with Amex instantly giving me the card number upon approval.

At least they give you a few days more than 3 months to meet the spend.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
OK, I'm going to one up myself. My dh not only got an electronic statement for $0 balance, but he also received a pin number by fed ex. Alas, no credit card. Maybe tomorrow's mail....

reno

Level 2 Member
FWIW, I signed up for the 50k offer just before the 60k offer went live and didn't get the card until after it was dead. I've had no luck getting a match either via phone or SM.

swazzie

Level 2 Member
OK, I'm going to one up myself. My dh not only got an electronic statement for $0 balance, but he also received a pin number by fed ex. Alas, no credit card. Maybe tomorrow's mail....
Yep; the UPS package I got today was a letter with a PIN, not the card. I guess Citi's trying to compete with US Bank on how many letters to send out before getting the card :rolleyes:

CCTWW3

Level 2 Member
I applied on 8/27 and got the UPS approval letter yesterday. Called today and said the actual card was mailed yesterday, with a 5-7 day delivery window. Oy!