Citi thank you preferred bonus increase.

Julian Brennan

Level 2 Member
Here's a question for the Citi Thank You experts as I'm not really a points person and usually only deal with real cold hard cash-back:

Got the Preferred for the elevated signup bonus and am about to reach the spending threshold. Since I usually don't spend any big money on restaurants or entertainment or the like, I was thinking about using the points for a Redbird load, ahem, a Target grocery purchase. Just realized that they charge 33% more points for that so this strategy just busted.

Now I think it might be better to just get Target GC and resell them for ~90% of face value. Any better ideas?

Sesq

Level 2 Member
Are you not familiar with the student loan or mortgage redemption? You have to call, but you get 1 cent per point.

The mortgage check is made out to your bank. If it just happens to wind up in your checking account, well. . . .

That said, the cool kids are getting the prestige card and redeeming at 1.6 cpp for AA/US tix.

Julian Brennan

Level 2 Member
Thanks but no thanks. I don't travel and have no student loan or mortgage. Yes I know it's hard to believe but such people exist - when they received their education outside of America :cool:

fr33b13

Silver Member
It's nice to get cash back, but for easy redemption on flights w/o transferring to an airline to book award flights, you can also get a discount when you book flights using Thankyou.com's travel portal. You can book any flight that you see on kayak and you get miles for those flights

Julian Brennan

Level 2 Member
It's nice to get cash back, but for easy redemption on flights w/o transferring to an airline to book award flights, you can also get a discount when you book flights using Thankyou.com's travel portal. You can book any flight that you see on kayak and you get miles for those flights
Too bad I don't travel as mentioned above. I'm about to fly to the east coast this spring but only because the company pays for the family trip...