Citi Dividend

What The Heck?

Master Blaster
Wouldnt Citi Double Cash be a better downgrade option compared to Citi Dividend? My AA downgrade is due this March and i need to decide between the two. Personally i am biased towards Double Cash as i thought it could be good to use it for funding Visa Buxx cards. Any thoughts?

Pat

Silver Member
If you can maximize the cashback in one of those quarters, I believe Citi Dividend is a better deal. My 2 cents.

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldnt Citi Double Cash be a better downgrade option compared to Citi Dividend? My AA downgrade is due this March and i need to decide between the two. Personally i am biased towards Double Cash as i thought it could be good to use it for funding Visa Buxx cards. Any thoughts?
Agreed with @Pat it depends on your usage. I only use my rotating category cards for gift card churning as a means to help subsidize the cost per point

Sesq

Level 2 Member
I prefer Dividend for 5>2 reasons. That said, I will probably downgrade one card to double cash, despite having 2 other 2% cards. Can't hurt.

fr33b13

Silver Member
I also would rather have the Dividend since it's a good card to use to maximize points then wait for next year. You only need one 2% card and I'd rather get it when Citi gives a bonus with it.

crapz1

Level 2 Member
I converted my dividend to the DCB card. I do have other 2% cards I also use, but the fact that the DCB 2% is unlimited AND the ability to pay the balance with my UFB debit card and earn AA miles for doing so made it a clear winner for me

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
I am currently on a mission to acquires as many 5% cards with spending caps as I can get my hands on.

2 New OBC is $100K worth of 5% spend.

Amex SimplyCash is $25K of 5% spend at OSS, which would net nearly 8% when OM is doing $20 off $300, cashing out to $800 MO at WM.

2 Discover would add maybe $9K.

What Citi cards can be downgraded to Dividend? Would be nice to get several of these.

Chase has the Freedom, but I want that for the UR, not the cash.

Does BoA have something similar?

Joseph

Level 2 Member
I am currently on a mission to acquires as many 5% cards with spending caps as I can get my hands on.

2 New OBC is $100K worth of 5% spend.

Amex SimplyCash is $25K of 5% spend at OSS, which would net nearly 8% when OM is doing $20 off $300, cashing out to $800 MO at WM.

2 Discover would add maybe $9K.

What Citi cards can be downgraded to Dividend? Would be nice to get several of these.

Chase has the Freedom, but I want that for the UR, not the cash.

Does BoA have something similar?
Check this out for some downgrade options:
Code:
http://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea.com/2014/07/25/citi-downgrade/

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Any recent DP's of converting to Citi Dividend? My wife and I both have a Double Cash, and only really use one of them. I would like to try to convert it to a Dividend if possible.

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
Any recent DP's of converting to Citi Dividend? My wife and I both have a Double Cash, and only really use one of them. I would like to try to convert it to a Dividend if possible.
I converted 2 this past Spring to take advantage of the Drugstore quarter. Note that the conversion process takes months to complete. And when they arrive, don't forget to register for the 5%, noting that it can take 2 business days to take effect.