Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
My wife and I applied for this card. She was instantly approved but I was left hanging. I figured that, coupled with the Barclay AA card, we could each have 110K miles for which we can probably find some use. We are flying on QR later this year and AA is about the only place we can stash those miles so hopefully they will be useful at some point.

I didn't think this was the same as buying miles on spec and I guess I can find $6000 worth of something within the next 3 months.

Do I call Citi or wait? I also have to find my code as I didn't get an email and the page lapsed before I could copy it.

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
OK. If I do get this card, both my wife and I would need to spend $3000 for total of $6K in 3 months. I do have a cruise payment due and could spend the $ there but I could use CSR and get $18000 Chase points, which is certainly worth more than 6000 AA miles.

I've heard there are ways of buying cash equivalents(gifts cards, money orders) which might make sense. Since there is basically no interest on money these days I could buy cards and just use them whenever.

Any ideas of best way to manage this?

Ttitle

Level 2 Member
I would suggest looking through the general discussion threads for the many different ways to accomplish this.