CID to PDX (hoping Hawaii as well)

nrdk

Level 2 Member
1. CID > PDX, would love to tack on a trip to Hawaii before/after as well

2. Have to be in PDX 8/19 -8/21 for a wedding, would like to add in Hawaii before or after for approx 3 or 4 days

3. Can make Y work, however J definitely preferred since wife is a nervous flyer

4. 2 (+possible lap child, unsure on babysitting or lack of arrangements). Flexibility up to 4 would be cool since we're trying to convince my wife's parents to tag along to Hawaii but they're not sold yet.

5. Would prefer to use MR or Avios but really need to minimize OOP due to our first baby on the way.

~400k AA
~75k UA
~80k Avios
~290k UR
~200k MR

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
Is this a one way, or going back to CID after Hawaii? Assuming return, are there any programs nowadays that allow a stopover on a domestic RT? SQ or LH? Or one of the distance based programs might, but I can't remember any off the top of my head. Otherwise Avios to HNL from PDX is 12.5, and SQ has good prices also.

I'll let someone with more recent experience chime in rather than look at your specific dates etc, but once you narrow down what programs to use that will be easier.

nrdk

Level 2 Member
Return. Haven't found much luck at all on the domestic stopover, looking like I'll have to make it a separate trip if we want to go. Struggling to even find CID > PDX availability

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
I don't know how exactly it would price out, but you also might consider Alaska. I haven't used it, but they allow a stopover and PDX is one of their hubs, so you might be able to do one ticket with that.

Again I always give the caveat emptor warning, as I used to be up to date on a lot of rules, but the last two years when a lot of devaluations came I have been booking just vanilla AA awards.