Choice Points transfer no longer counts towards companion pass for SW

coolguy007

Level 2 Member
Hi,

I transferred points to SW on Jan 7th from choice hotels. The points posted on 7th Jan, but they are not being counted towards companion pass. What a bummer?

I tried the same with my wife's account and same result there.

:-(

smittytabb

Staff member
Oh bummer, it worked for me just over a year ago. Indeed it worked for me transferring my points to my SO's account, which is probably not allowed....

Jason Kusner

Level 2 Member
I actually initiated a choice transfer on 1/2 via the phone and the points hit may account 1/10 -> and counted towards the companion pass. I guess I got in just in time.

nsx

Level 2 Member
I suspect that this is a clerical error, possibly due to manual posting of the points after an automated process failed.

I expect that others will report success soon. After they do, the OP should call Southwest and ask for a correction to his CPQP count.

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
I suspect that this is a clerical error, possibly due to manual posting of the points after an automated process failed.

I expect that others will report success soon. After they do, the OP should call Southwest and ask for a correction to his CPQP count.
I suspect the same but have no concrete evidence ATM.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
On FT, there were reports of issues with transfer points counting torward companion pass that were supposed to be resolved around 1/12. I'm thinking since this was during that time period, it may have already been corrected. OP @coolguy007