Cathay Pacific Marco Polo silver

pwd847

Level 2 Member
I may be joining a club that offers complimentary Marco Polo Silver status. I'm wondering if I can use that to status match with any other airlines/hotels/whatever. I'm relatively new to the whole elite club thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

TheBOSman

Staff member
Most likely not, as Marco Polo Silver is only Oneworld Ruby, so the status level is relatively low. However, I would check out:
Code:
 http://statusmatcher.com/company/cathay-pacific
I checked and didn't seem to see any success at matching MP Silver to another program, but if you want to look, that's probably the best resource. Scroll down lower to see "Reports for leveraging status with Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club" and look through that section.

Confectioneer

San Francisco Bay Area
I used it to challenge to UA Peon Premier, during a time I'd have enough UA travel to retain the status. It's not much, but it has gotten me E+ seats and an upgrade on 1 domestic flight. So that's worth something.

pwd847

Level 2 Member
Challenges don't help me a whole lot. I fly most of the time on Spirit/Frontier/SouthWest, or on legacy carriers with points.

pwd847

Level 2 Member
I see that AA gold is also OneWorld Ruby. Maybe after I get the status I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Benjamin

Level 2 Member
I may be joining a club that offers complimentary Marco Polo Silver status. I'm wondering if I can use that to status match with any other airlines/hotels/whatever. I'm relatively new to the whole elite club thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Doing the Founders Club membership? Always been curious...

Benjamin

Level 2 Member
Makes sense. I thought about it, and will continue to think about it. You found a good offer somewhere? This one was pretty compelling...

The CET status seems relatively valuable, but if I am going to Sin City I want the Hyatt credits. The other perks of the card might not do enough to make it worth it or me. I could see some of the offers that are not specific, being the typical "Over promise, under deliver" we commonly see in this hobby. I would love to hear updates if you get the membership!