Cards with signup bonuses from "different" banks

MikeY

Level 2 Member
Chase, Amex, Citi, Bank of America, Barclays, and Citi seem to issue most of the cards with good signup bonuses that people talk about forums like this. For the sake of diversity, what kind of offers issued by other banks are out there? How many are there which offer at least 10k points/$100? I've omitted any offers from Capital One since they pull all three credit bureaus.

After a small amount of searching I've found the following:

- Virgin America (Comenity Bank): 10k/15k depending on annual fee structure
- PNC CashBuilder Visa: $100 after $1k in spend

What else is out there? There have to be other better offers...

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
It's worth mentioning the Comenity is a cluster [chuff] that makes Congress look like they know what they're doing.

I would not plan on using a VX card as an everyday card due to their incompetence.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Wells Fargo Propel Amex. $400 cash incentive with a low spend.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Have my eye on that card. Do you have it? If so, what are your thoughts so far?
Tried to apply today but they wouldn't take my application with a freeze on one of my bureaus. May try back at a different point in time.

Binny

Level 9 Ultra Top Secret
Advice for applying to WF Amex World Propel card: open a checking account with them first. You can even fund it with a CC up to $500. I was initially rejected for no prior relationship with them, then I opened a checking account and called recon and was approved.

This card also provides $100 airline reimbursement and no annual fee for the first year, 175 after year 1. No foreign transaction fee and is chip and pin.

Question on this card:
Does a $100 SW GC get reimbursed?

Last edited:

Jack

Keep Calm and Carry On
Navy Federal Credit Union Flagship Visa card. Navy FCU is not open to everyone but if you pass their membership test the Flagship card has a 40K point bonus. That is worth $400 for flights or $300 cash or less than that for a whole lot of other stuff like merchandise. So travel or cash is what you want to use it for. To earn points (2 points per dollar on all spend) I have been using it to buy visa gift cards through NFCU which are no fee and ship free like when Chase was selling visa gift cards for free. I think it is the same vendor the order page looks the same as when I was buying the Chase cards. Walmart kiosk likes the gift cards but the cards do have the words gift card printed on them so they have now been rejected by my local Walmart cashiers and Money Center where I used to use them to buy MO up until the cashiers were trained to inspect the cards. So for flights it works out to a 2% card for cash a 1.5% card. So nothing special. Just another card that has a bonus now.