Capital One like Chase

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Now we finally got a response from Capital One and my wife was denied for having too many recent accounts opened. I guess the game is up.

asc8u

Level 2 Member
Capital One doesn't have any hard rule like 5/24 but they are sensitive to new accounts and new inquiries. They are a tough bank for any experienced credit card churner to get.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Capital One doesn't have any hard rule like 5/24 but they are sensitive to new accounts and new inquiries. They are a tough bank for any experienced credit card churner to get.
I’m not a churner. I’ve never closed a card and reapplied. At least I know not to try them again.

asc8u

Level 2 Member
I’m not a churner. I’ve never closed a card and reapplied. At least I know not to try them again.
I meant credit card churners in a broader sense - people that into credit cards.
Not the typical person that has 1 or 2 cc and uses them for everything.
You said your wife was told "too many recent accounts". What is her _ /24 status?

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I meant credit card churners in a broader sense - people that into credit cards.
Not the typical person that has 1 or 2 cc and uses them for everything.
You said your wife was told "too many recent accounts". What is her _ /24 status?
If I haven't screwed up the spreadsheet Just 5 but won't get under until fall of 2020. Thanks for reminding me to look. I may be down to 4! Is it worth trying for a Chase card? Any ideas? Already have CSR, Freedom, IHG. I don't think United worth much as I have tons of LifeMiles and I don't think there's a way to get a lot of UA miles from elsewhere.

asc8u

Level 2 Member
If I haven't screwed up the spreadsheet Just 5 but won't get under until fall of 2020. Thanks for reminding me to look. I may be down to 4! Is it worth trying for a Chase card? Any ideas? Already have CSR, Freedom, IHG. I don't think United worth much as I have tons of LifeMiles and I don't think there's a way to get a lot of UA miles from elsewhere.
If you're at 4/24, I'd first think about business cards, since that'll keep you under 5/24 still. Have a CIP (or two or three...)

HanoiIG

Silver Member
If you're at 4/24, I'd first think about business cards, since that'll keep you under 5/24 still. Have a CIP (or two or three...)
What is a CIP? I’m retired so no business. I’ve heard you can get by but is it really worth it?

asc8u

Level 2 Member
What is a CIP? I’m retired so no business. I’ve heard you can get by but is it really worth it?
Chase Ink Preferred. 3x spending on some useful categories but the unique UR one is advertising.
But the biggest benefit for many is 80k UR sign up bonus.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Chase Ink Preferred. 3x spending on some useful categories but the unique UR one is advertising.
But the biggest benefit for many is 80k UR sign up bonus.
But I don't have a business so it seems pointless. 80K is maybe $1000 or so. I saw the fee is low but spend $5000 I almost have to invent things to buy and, at my age, can't pay cable bill for 2 years!