Booking on AA/JL/CX with CX AsiaMiles

Bury

Level 2 Member
1. What route are you looking for?
Looking to fly LAX-HKG-HIJ-oHND/NRT-LAX

2. What dates do you want to travel (mention how flexible you are)?
Outbound LAX-HKG 12/10-13
HKG-Japan (HIJ/KIX/FUK) 12/19
HND/NRT-LAX 12/31-1/2

3. Do you want to fly first, business, or coach? (maybe also "are you willing to fly coach for a positioning flight")
Premium Economy or Business

4. How many passengers?

5. How many points do you have, in which programs?
Trying to book with CX AsiaMiles because they are being generously offered by a family member. My interpretation of the CX Oneworld Multi-Carrier Awards chart is that this itinerary is bookable in business with 85k AsiaMiles, since it's 14,170mi total -> 7,085mi "each way".

I believe we are looking at 80k AsiaMiles per person but are required to use 3+ OW airlines including CX to get this rate. I was able to find CX and JL availability for leg 1 and leg 2 but nothing for leg 3.

We have a backup award booked, CX PE LAX-HKG simple r/t.

TheBOSman

Staff member
I believe we are looking at 80k AsiaMiles per person but are required to use 3+ OW airlines including CX to get this rate. I was able to find CX and JL availability for leg 1 and leg 2 but nothing for leg 3.
Unfortunately I know precious little about booking with CX Asia Miles, but NRT-LAX can be done with AA to get the third OW airline. If you really don't want to fly AA much, try JL HND-SFO then AA SFO-LAX. Good luck!

Bury

Level 2 Member
Good idea on the JL TYO-SFO and AA SFO-LAX.

Sadly, I'm having a heck of a time finding availability Japan-USA West Coast on Dec 31, Jan 1, or Jan 2.

TheBOSman

Staff member
Good idea on the JL TYO-SFO and AA SFO-LAX.

Sadly, I'm having a heck of a time finding availability Japan-USA West Coast on Dec 31, Jan 1, or Jan 2.
I sense that might not get much better unfortunately.

You could also do LAX-SFO-HKG on the outbound, if you happen to see SFO-HKG and TYO-LAX but not LAX-HKG or TYO-SFO.