Book in Euros to save $$$$

Paul

Level 2 Member
Just a heads up to those not paying attention to the big rise in the USD vs most currencies (like the Euro, Canadian Dollar etc etc). I just booked a Celebrity Cruise getting about 8 quotes from CruiseCompete.com offers. The lowest, by far, came from a German based agency who priced the cruise in Euros. Over ~$1K savings...

MilesAddict

Level 2 Member
Great idea. I remember leveraging the FX rate for some great vacation deals in Canada years ago. With the dollar currently strong and continuing to rise, there may be more chances to purchase in foreign currency for savings.

Paul

Level 2 Member
Yes, found thru CruiseCompete.com (which is a great way to get multiple offers on cruises). I booked Celebrity which doesn't officially discount, so most offers were fairly similar in price - except the German based TA, who was pricing in Euros and when you did the USD conversion, was a substantial savings.

Air Land and Sea

Level 2 Member
Yes, found thru CruiseCompete.com (which is a great way to get multiple offers on cruises). I booked Celebrity which doesn't officially discount, so most offers were fairly similar in price - except the German based TA, who was pricing in Euros and when you did the USD conversion, was a substantial savings.
Never thought about doing that. Thanks for the "heads up"

Jayson

Level 2 Member
Does anybody know if booking through the cruisecompete.com would count as a travel purchase for the bank of america travel credit card so it would count as a reimbursable travel expense?