Birthdate Error on Intl Ticket?

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Somehow my birthdate ended up on my husband's reservation. I've never made this mistake before (and not convinced I did it!) and wondering how big a hassel is this going to be at the airport? Or do I just fax in all the doc AA needs to get it changed prior...agent says they can't change over phone.

smittytabb

Staff member
Somehow my birthdate ended up on my husband's reservation. I've never made this mistake before (and not convinced I did it!) and wondering how big a hassel is this going to be at the airport? Or do I just fax in all the doc AA needs to get it changed prior...agent says they can't change over phone.
How did you book the ticket? Just trying to figure out how it happened.

Meanwhile, incorrect name is a big deal. I am not sure about other things. Once a Portuguese travel agent that works for one of my husband's employers in Portugal put down that he was a Portuguese citizen and he is not. I had trouble changing it with SATA, our carrier. I informed them, but not sure if they did anything about it. He had no trouble flying.

Personally, I would do everything you can to attempt to change it. You just never know who might give you grief and it is not worth the risk. One of my good friends in New Zealand realized when she got to the airport that her ticket said Mr. They gave her all kinds of trouble even though everything else was correct. Her husband's travel agent had made the mistake. They did not let her fly and she ended up having to have her trip delayed. You just never know...

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I booked it online. I have to assume this happens all the time. I've called reservations twice...the first one told me it wasn't a big deal and when I called again to get a second opinion I got the same person so I just hung up. Long wait times today, too.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Airline can't change it because I already entered in our passport info so it's grayed out. She said she gets this all the time and to just allow for extra time.
Can't even fax in for correction.

KennyBSAT

Staff member
I know of people who put down incorrect birthdates for their children so that they get ticketed as adults (makes online changes easier). Also check out the story of the Canadian who booked the AZ RTW fuel dump and then broke up with his gf last year, and wound up taking someone else with the same name. Birthdate never came up as an issue.