Best cheap business class awards ex-SIN

italdesign

Level 2 Member
SO's parents have never tasted premium cabin. We would like to change that. We need to fly 4 ppl** without breaking the (points) bank. It needs to be a solid premium cabin by short haul standard (great service, angle flat minimum). Ideally I would like them to have a 4+ hour flight, but I'm also trying to keep the cost low, so will consider shorter flights.

**Only 2 ppl require J, the other 2 can fly Y, and the 2 parties can split up. But if mileage difference is marginal then all J makes more sense.

Here are the options I can think of:

(first, I cannot proceed without mentioning one of the greatest deal of all time - 30k AC/MR Singapore to Japan/Korea RT. RIP).

-30k AA each way SIN-NRT in JAL J 767 1-2-1 fully flat. 7.5 hours. This is more than I want to spend, but the value is excellent for the product and duration. Unfortunately we need to times this by 8 (4 ppl x RT) and it will greatly deplete my valuable AA balance.

-13k VX/SPG RT + $150 SIN-BKK/DPS in SQ J A330 2-2-2 angle flat. 2 hours. Mileage requirement alone is heavenly, but YQ makes it an OK deal only. However, this gets them access to SQ SKL which would greatly enhance the experience, and the BKK J lounge isn't bad either (I think).

I have excluded AA 22.5k to HKG because it is out for internal reason. I looked into Asia Miles but didn't find anything noteworthy.

I'm leaning towards the 2nd (VX) option. Right now there's space for 4 on the same flight. Another advantage is that SO will pay the cash portion while I pay the points (we have separate finances), which helps a lot.

Any other sweet spots? I have most mainstream currencies.

Thanks!

Sang Kancil Guru

Travelling the world in search of fruits
(first, I cannot proceed without mentioning one of the greatest deal of all time - 30k AC/MR Singapore to Japan/Korea RT. RIP).
Thanks!
Sorry, what does AC stand for? Air Canada? I am assuming MR stands for Amex Membership Rewards. How long ago did this deal die?

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
Sorry, what does AC stand for? Air Canada? I am assuming MR stands for Amex Membership Rewards. How long ago did this deal die?
AC is Air Canada, and it died back in December. It was a great value. US Airways also had great J awards within Asia 2, which included the Maldives, but all good things come to an end.

What about to India from SIN? I know for awhile that was the way people were trying out the SQ suites on the 380, but I'm not sure of the pricing.

NEPIC

Level 2 Member
I'll add a couple of options - not really sure if they fit your definition of sweet spot - but I'd consider them at least attractive rates!

CX has a SIN-BKK flight - decent price with Avios (15k) and gives you access to part-pay with cash, and their PE cabin.

SQ runs one a/c a day with First Class SIN-MNL for 25.5 SQ miles. The J product on these aircraft isn't their top of the line though (17k SQ).

sriki

Level 2 Member
Does it matter where you are going from SIN (routing reasons)? What's the final destination? What programs will work (eg: AA, AS, SPG)?