Automatic Lower Price Rebooking for Airfare?

SC Trojan

Level 2 Member
I work for a big company and this week we got an email from travel services notifying us of a new feature. Essentially, to cut costs they are implementing a program where they will automatically scan all corporate airfares and if they find they can get you the exact same flights for less than you paid they will rebook you at that lower fare. They even take into account all rebooking fees, etc. They did specifically mention that it would not work with SouthWest bookings, which isn't a surprise given SouthWest's unique system and lack of fees.

Is there any service out there open to the general public that does this? The closest thing I could think of is AutoSlash for rental cars, but even that just looks for lower prices on competing flights.

billatq

Level 2 Member
Yapta will notify you if it sees lower fares, though it won't automatically get the lower price for you. The other thing is that not all airlines will give you a refund or a credit for a lower price. Corporate bookings are also a slightly different beast because sometimes they can get private fares that are not accessible to the general public.

SC Trojan

Level 2 Member
I'm almost positive you're right. They specifically mentioned in the email that one of our big competitors saves $500 K / yr by using the service. If you look at Yapta's website they have one of our competitors listed as using it.

It looks like there is a part of it that is manual (agent rebooking) but likely they have some sort of value added function that has people rebooking the lower prices. I guess for personal travel that part is you.