AT&T Isis Serve Cashwrap for iPhone 5/5s Case for $51.75 [reg $69]

VRHunter

Level 2 Member
Isis Serve is an attractive alternative to Bluebird or even regular Serve because it enables increased online load limits. Rather than $1,000/mo ($200/day) via debit that Bluebird provides, your online loads go to $1,500/mo ($500/day) debit and $1,500/mo ($500/day) credit.

But one catch is that iPhones need this accessory to activate Isis Serve. Once activated you can opt to not use the case anymore, though there are some in-store deals which incent you to use the device.

I've been thinking of paying $69 for this but saw it in the AT&T online store for $51.75 (online discount).

http://www.att.com/cases/incipio-cashwrap-isis-ready-case-iphone-55s.html#sku=sku6980398

Bring the price down further with 10% off accessories through Top Cashback and 5X with the Chase Ink cards (I think online accessory purchases give 5X, though they say the 5X is just on wireless service).

Anyone see any ways to bring the price of this down or otherwise minimize the costs of getting the benefit of Isis Serve? Thanks.

Last edited:

deemkaa

Level 2 Member
Just confirmed with ATT over the chat that you can get only one iPhone case and multiple ISIS smart chips if you have a contract with them for more than one line, (like a family plan e.g.)

VRHunter

Level 2 Member
Just confirmed with ATT over the chat that you can get only one iPhone case and multiple ISIS smart chips if you have a contract with them for more than one line, (like a family plan e.g.)
I don't follow.
I thought the Isis Cashwrap was an integrated case with an Isis functionality.

Are you saying there's a way to buy just one Cashwrap then somehow swap out distinct smart chips to enable multiple Isis Serve accounts with just one Cashwrap purchase?
If so, how do you swap out the Isis smart chips?

Or are you saying you can only buy one of Cashwrap per contract?

Jennifer

Level 2 Member
Supporter
Following.. we have two iPhones and I'd love to get us both switched over to Serve...

Jennifer

Level 2 Member
Supporter
Just an FYI, I was just an AT&T store and the iPhone 5 cashwrap cases are $51.75. All the iPhone 4/4S cases are only $10. CSR says there's no way to switch out the chip to enable two phones to use one case. Who knows if that's actually true? :rolleyes:

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
The NFC chip can be physically removed from the case itself. Each chip needs to be "provisioned" at the AT&T store so it's associated with a particular line. But the cashwrap case is a PITA to remove - if you plan to take advantage of the monthly $1/50 credit to swap out the case between phones.

Back in March I politely asked the AT&T store manager to price match Verizon's price (29.99). No go. But he said I could always return the phone within the 14 day period if I didn't find value in having a cashwrap case -- or didn't like it for whatever reason.

FWIW - for those planning to upgrade to the iPhone 6 (next month), latest rumors are the 6 should have the NFC chip. But since Apple is quirky, this may be intended to support a mobile payment application they're working on.

Incipio-Cashwrap.jpg

Last edited:

SC Trojan

Level 2 Member
Very likely that Apple will roll out their own mobile payment system. ISIS and Google Wallet really have not been able to entrench themselves yet, but if Apple does it, I bet it picks up steam. Most of the time when I use my ISIS I get looks of either amazement of "wow that's cool" from the cashier.

Does anyone know if you can use a cashwrap on an AT&T MVNO? My dad has Straight Talk via AT&T and I'd like to get him ISIS, but I think it's a no go.

chicago2world

Level 2 Member
Very likely that Apple will roll out their own mobile payment system. ISIS and Google Wallet really have not been able to entrench themselves yet, but if Apple does it, I bet it picks up steam. Most of the time when I use my ISIS I get looks of either amazement of "wow that's cool" from the cashier.

Does anyone know if you can use a cashwrap on an AT&T MVNO? My dad has Straight Talk via AT&T and I'd like to get him ISIS, but I think it's a no go.
And if you can connect Isis accounts with prepaid SIMs, the cost for individual Isis accounts can be as little as 1 pp pin + 1 4/4s cashwrap ($30 or so)? That would make it somewhat scalable if true.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Tried my first ISIS wallet transaction at CVS today with my iPhone 4s with an AT&T case. FAIL. The app registered that the card was read but the cashier couldn't get it to work. Paid cash for my candy. :eek:

On a side note, is anyone getting 50% more battery power with the AT&T case and extra battery? My phone doesn't tap into the spare battery for some reason.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Tried my first ISIS wallet transaction at CVS today with my iPhone 4s with an AT&T case. FAIL. The app registered that the card was read but the cashier couldn't get it to work. Paid cash for my candy. :eek:

On a side note, is anyone getting 50% more battery power with the AT&T case and extra battery? My phone doesn't tap into the spare battery for some reason.
YOU DID WHAT?!

But there shouldn't be an increase in battery life. There is no actual battery in the ISIS device.
You should actually see a decrease. At least... I did.