Anyone Used Third Federal Mortgage?

knick1959

Level 2 Member
I've had a HELOC with them for many years and our current mortgage is also with them. They are very popular in the Cleveland/NE Ohio area and a sure safe bet. Oh, my wife's mortgage was with them for years before we married and combined households in our new home.

There might be better deals to be found, but they are relatively aggressive with their rates (they are never the worst option :)) and are (as I said before) a safe bet.

JohnDroe

Level 2 Member
I have also heard that they are good. They do ask alot of questions to begin. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Fortension

Level 2 Member
I've used them for a pretty generic 15 year fixed, and it was fine. They never resold it, so it made it very simple. My (very experienced) realtor recommended them because of good rates and no problems at closing.

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
We refinanced with them 2 years ago for 2.79 ten year fixed. We did everything online, over the phone, through the mail and the closer came to our house. We are in PA. Everything went fast and was handled professionally. I highly recommend them.

The only complaint is that they don't escrow homeowners insurance. Not a huge deal for us but just something else to account for.

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
We refinanced with them 2 years ago for 2.79 ten year fixed. We did everything online, over the phone, through the mail and the closer came to our house. We are in PA. Everything went fast and was handled professionally. I highly recommend them.

The only complaint is that they don't escrow homeowners insurance. Not a huge deal for us but just something else to account for.
I'm liking the fact that they won't make me escrow HO's insurance. One more thing I can pay with a points earning CC.

Did Third Federal give anyone a hard time for high inquiries on the credit report? I had 41 last time I checked.