Any way to get miles for a HELOC?

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Im getting ready to get a Home Equity Line of credit on one of my rental properties to paydown another home loan in order to drop the PMI. Anyone no of a bank offering points for a heloc. Or any other ways to leverage this into more miles?

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Use CC for the closing costs?

Those HELOC or new mtge apps used to have frequent offers for miles, but I haven't noticed them for a while.

The best place to look, though, is an any given carrier's "partner" area in their mileage plan, whatever it's called.

WombatCA

I just did a refinance through Capital One and they gave me 100,000 points on my Venture card. I'm not sure if they would do something similar for a HELOC, but it's worth looking. Having said that, I would only use them if they give you the best rate, not just for the miles (obviously). Surprisingly, they gave me a significantly better rate than anyone else and essentially paid me to refinance my house. Good luck!

Someone

Level 2 Member
Perhaps go with a bank that's in the reloadit safe bill pay list and buy RLs with your mileage-earning cc? Paying with Plastiq could be an option too.