any experience about Index Universal Life Insurance from World Financial Group?

goals^n^dreams

Level 2 Member
My friend told me that Index Universal Life Insurance from WFG is very good for saving retirement. It provides cash value and your life security. You wont lose your money if the market goes down.

I am 33 years old. I am thinking to invest life insurance in WFG and New York Life. I dont know which one is better.

Thank you very much for your help!

madage

Level 2 Member
Personally, I'd stay away from any and all universal life policies. They're typically loaded with fees and the cost of insurance is WAY more expensive than a simple term life policy.

I actually bought a universal life policy back when I had a financial "advisor" (eventually learned he was really just a salesman). I was 25 at the time of purchase and paid $150 per month for $400,000 coverage. If I recall, the actual insurance cost was in the neighborhood of $80-$90 per month. The rest was just to build cash value in the policy.

A few years later, I noticed of my $150 contribution:
- $6 was immediately lost to policy fees
- ~$4 was then lost to pay the loads on the (terribly performing) mutual funds

I then fired the advisor, signed-up for a $1M 30-yr term policy that costs me less than $60 per month and surrendered the universal policy and lost the $2,700 cash value to the surrender charge. I decided it was time to stop throwing good money after bad.

Definitely check out a site like term4sale.com to get an idea of how much cheaper a term policy is and take a stab on figuring out your returns if you invest the premium difference every month.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
My friend told me that Index Universal Life Insurance from WFG is very good for saving retirement. It provides cash value and your life security. You wont lose your money if the market goes down.

I am 33 years old. I am thinking to invest life insurance in WFG and New York Life. I dont know which one is better.

Thank you very much for your help!
You shouldn't take financial advice from your friends. Unless they are financial advisors....

Read this http://markaglugub.blogspot.com/2013/05/s-500-vs-indexed-universal-life.html