Anniversary Trip Ideas

Jus

Level 2 Member
Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to put this under, but my wife and I have our anniversary coming up and I've stockpiled a bunch of points over the past year and wanted to use them to show her it was not for nothing. Anyways I was trying to find most efficient way to book business or first class from West coast to Hawaii or possibly Hong Kong. Dates are some what flexible leave around May 20-21 and return May 27-28 or so. I was thinking about avios business via AA but when I search on the BA website I find no flights, is there another way that I am supposed to be searching?

Here are the points I have with rough estimation of how much:
- MR - 368K
- UR - 160K
- Wife's UR - 100K

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
What is your home airport? Are you looking for a smart redemption, or simply to dazzle your wife? If dazzle is your object, you'll want a non-stop from home airport, regardless of the point cost.

Jus

Level 2 Member
Home airport is Reno(RNO) but SFO and LAX are not to cheap to get to for major hubs. I forgot add I have SW companion pass and about 140k AA miles as well. I'm ok with dazzling her because I have a feeling we may not get a chance to go on a big trip like this for a while after this time.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
Have you signed up for AwardNexus? it can run a daily search for the seats you want. When you have specific dates you want to travel, it can be very helpful. Expert Flyer is another tool you can use.

There are two business seats from Reno to Maui on May 20 via SFO and HNL on United. They are 40K points each.

I can't find UA or AA flights for the return but admittedly didn't check all the city pairs. Another thought is for you to check all the AS city pairs as you can redeem BA Avios for AS (by phone). I checked OGG-SAN along with a number of other pairs. There are 2 F seats available on the AS nonstop on May 27.

Last edited: