And I’m off…again…Hyatt Zilara Cancun here I come!

K

Kirsten

So we just got back from two almost back-to-back summer trips, and I am leaving again! This time it is a girlfriends’ getaway with some of my best friends as a celebration of our 40th birthdays. We are flying Southwest from Baltimore to Cancun (my ticket was paid for with Rapid Rewards points + taxes/fees), and we will be staying at the all-inclusive Hyatt Zilara Cancun. This hotel used to be THE Royal Cancun, and it has gotten great reviews, so I am really excited to try it! Of course I will be writing a trip report after our stay.

Since our stay is only 3 nights (plus a night at a BWI airport hotel), we plan on lounging, talking, swimming, talking, sunbathing, talking, eating, talking, reading, talking and drinking. Hopefully we can stop talking long enough to do all of those other things. We don’t plan on leaving the resort, as this vacation is for pure relaxation purposes. My friends are getting spa treatments & I plan on using the spa facilities.

We are paying for the hotel using Hyatt points and free night certificates from the Chase Hyatt credit card. I got the card years ago, but my friends hadn’t. So two of them got Hyatt cards, for 4 free room nights. I am using points for the other 2 room nights. We will have 2 rooms for 3 people (we were supposed to have our 4th musketeer with us but that sadly fell through) for 3 nights.

Room #1

Night 1 = 25,000 Hyatt points​

Night 2 = AJ’s free night certificate​

Night 3 = AJ’s free night certifcate​

Room #2

Night 1 = CJ’s free night certificate​

Night 2 = CJ’s free night certificate​

Night 3 = 25,000 Hyatt points​

The points (and certs) are for double occupancy, all-inclusive rates. Unfortunately we are essentially “wasting” a free space (anyone want to come?). I have Hyatt Diamond status, and have been in touch with the concierge there about some room preferences. I won’t know what rooms we will get until we get there, so we will see!​

I felt like this was such a great value for points and certs because of the all-inclusive aspect of the resort and the location. I hope that it turns out to be a great place to stay. Either way, I get to spend 3 days with 2 of my favorite people on Earth, so I win:) And I only have to pack for myself, which never happens!​

Continue reading...

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
We will be going that way soonish too, need to finally see whale sharks and they can be highly visible in Playacar during their migration.