Amex Upgrade Offers

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
With the old Amex website setting it was pretty easy to find upgrade offers for existing cards, including BGR to Platinum, and Hilton to Surpass, etc. I can't seem to find this page anymore, and it doesn't even show upgrades as an option for cards that I know I can upgrade, like Blue Cash to Blue Cash Preferred. Did they move it or do we have to call in for upgrades now?

Trevor

Level 2 Member
With the old Amex website setting it was pretty easy to find upgrade offers for existing cards, including BGR to Platinum, and Hilton to Surpass, etc. I can't seem to find this page anymore, and it doesn't even show upgrades as an option for cards that I know I can upgrade, like Blue Cash to Blue Cash Preferred. Did they move it or do we have to call in for upgrades now?
They've made it a little more of a pain. This is adapted slightly from Frequent Miler's March article, so HT to Frequent Miler. Hope this isn't too much of a circles and arrows :)

1) Log into your account
2) Menu-->Cards-->Personal Card-->Choose a Card with Our Help

upload_2014-7-27_13-29-34.png

3) Do a search on the page for "Upgrade Now." Any card that you are eligible to upgrade TO has this button next to it.

upload_2014-7-27_13-31-4.png

4) Next page shows the details of the upgrade
upload_2014-7-27_13-32-22.png

PainCorp

Yeah, this doesn't show any cards for me, when I used to always have upgrades listed for my Blue Cash card (two BCP and Blue Sky Preferred), and my Hilton card (from day 1, even though I had to wait a year). I don't have anything right now. I'll keep an eye on it though. I had been looking here, but it just doesn't show anything. Thanks.

F

Fuerza

Has anyone gotten a bonus to upgrade? I want a platinum card for the travel bennies but don't really need another Amex card. I would hate to pass on a CC bonus too, I've never had a platinum card.

PainCorp

I've only upgraded my Hilton Amex to Surpass, but I'm curious to see how upgrades work in this new no-churning-Amex world we live in now.