AMEX Staples

Nucstorm

Level 2 Member
Noticed this on my Amex cards. Easy money. #AmexStaples

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $100 or more in-store at Staples by 11/9/2014.

TERMS
Valid in-store only. Not valid on online purchases, catalog orders, or B2B sales at StaplesAdvantage.com. Enrollment limited. Valid at any participating location in the US. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 11/9/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/9/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BKUS:0001

Kendon

Level 2 Member
Also there's a $20 easy rebate for $300 MC giftcard purchase this week to pair this with.
Just need to see if they can split a transaction between three cards :)

thepaul500

Level 2 Member
Also there's a $20 easy rebate for $300 MC giftcard purchase this week to pair this with.
They have allowed split transactions previously.

Wish I hadn't already maxed out my rebates, but still in for a GC on every single amex card I got! Just happy one of my birdies still has room this month.

Mufmuf

Level 2 Member
It was a great deal but did not last very long.
The Amex offer has reached the limit on Twitter and FB Amex is under "scheduled maintenance".
I got the offer on two of my personal cards but on the third card, the offer was gone.

Sesq

Level 2 Member
The store I was at tried to split, but was unable to. Most likely cashier error.

Wolfgang

Level 2 Member
At my Staples the cashier said that they were not allowed to split payments across cards. Store policy. :-( They wouldn't even allow me to buy $300 in VISA gift cards with my Ink card and then $100 in Amazon gift cards with an AmEx card.

As a side remark: I KNOW I registered for this offer - went to Staples today to get $100 in Amazon gift cards (need to buy something there) and when I didn't receive an instant notification on my phone that I had redeemed the offer I double checked at home...... and lo and behold NONE of my (or my wife's) cards show the offer on our cards.

I started a Chat with AmEx - and they are investigating.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sesq

Level 2 Member
I had one store who wouldn't split last week for the MC offer. Went to a different store this morning and they were happy to do so. Last week the Sync confirm e-mails were spotty (1/3 I think), but after 4-5 days the perk posted and the offer showed as redeemed.

This morning, I got all three redemption e-mails immediately. So ultimately I went 6 for 6, though for two I bought paper and amazon GC's instead of VGC or MCGC.

That said, in no instance did the offers disappear from my "offer" tabs. I activate my offers using the multi-tab method, not twitter.

Wolfgang

Level 2 Member
Interesting. I don't think I ever got a confirmation e-mail for registering for a Sync offer. And I didn't even do multi-tab but multi browser. Have 3 cards and 3 browsers (Safari/Firefox/Chrome).

vike

Level 2 Member
Got the Sync offer on 8 Amex cards. Bought $400 + fees in Staples Visa gift cards twice. Each time split payment so approx $100 per card. Received email confirmation on 7 of the 8. Not sure why the last one didn't make it, but it does show online as being used.

Sesq

Level 2 Member
Interesting. I don't think I ever got a confirmation e-mail for registering for a Sync offer. And I didn't even do multi-tab but multi browser. Have 3 cards and 3 browsers (Safari/Firefox/Chrome).
Confirm is when you use it. Your way works, multi-tab is easy too. Log in, then right click "new tab" the home URL on the amex webpage once for each card. Then, navigate each card so that the offers are open. Then register each offer and go to the next tab. Rinse/repeat till done.

satz

Level 2 Member
For most of the Amex offers, they should be available on Twitter as well. With Tweet Deck, you just need to do it once for all your cards. Much easier than messing around with multiple browsers.

Brian

Level 2 Member
Regarding splitting, I had two cashiers claim they knew how, but then messed it up. The second one at least asked for help. In case this helps anyone out, it is super simple:

-ring up all the giftcards
-have them enter the partial amount ($100 in this case)
-tap on the type of payment ("credit" or "card", I forget the exact wording)
-swipe your CC, sign, verify security code
-go to step 2

vike

Level 2 Member
It's amazing the difference in Staples cashiers at different stores or even at the same store at different registers. Some seem really on top of things, while other you think were just hired off the street that day (which in fact may be the case). I think I know the steps for ringing up almost everything better than the average cashier.

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
Is there a way to register AU cards for this? Or should the AU card trigger the offer as well?
My wife and I each have an AmEx, and we're AUs on each other's accounts, too. I got the rebate on the card from my primary account. For now I just took my wife's card for the account she's primary on to get the other rebate, but I'm wondering if there's a way around that. I didn't see anything in the terms, either.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
20 back STAPLES
BUSINESS EXPENSES//Spend $100 or more, get $20 back

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $100 or more in-store at Staples or online at Staples.com by 12/31/2014.

Don't know of a hashtag for twitter ---

MaryE

Level 2 Member
20 back STAPLES
BUSINESS EXPENSES//Spend $100 or more, get $20 back

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $100 or more in-store at Staples or online at Staples.com by 12/31/2014.

Don't know of a hashtag for twitter ---
This deal may work very well then with the Staples ad for next week 12/7-13/14
I just read my email.

Offer valid 12/7/14 through 12/13/14 on a single purchase of $100 worth of Gift Cards.

"*Gift cards are not returnable. If item is returned, the value of the gift card will be deducted from the refund amount. Offer valid 12/7/14 through 12/13/14 on a single purchase of $100 worth of Gift Cards. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. Limit 1 rebate per household. Terms and conditions apply to American Express Gift Cards. See Cardholder Agreement for more details at www.americanexpress.com/gift. Cards issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation. American Express is not the sponsor of the promotion. Cards are not sold in VT. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. The Visa® gift card is issued by MetaBank®, member FDIC pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The MasterCard gift card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Attachments

midnightinharlem

Level 2 Member
I ordered and received a number of Visa Gift Cards, and in the past when I've ordered them from Staples.com, the PIN numbers required to activate have come in a separate mailing, usually the same day or the day after. I received the VGCs last week, and have yet to receive the PINs. Has this happened to anyone in the past? Any idea on what to do?

vike

Level 2 Member
I ordered 12 $100 gift cards from Staples.com. They came with the letter saying the activation codes would be mailed separately lately. After waiting a week for the codes I called GiftCardMall (who issued them) and activated them by phone. The rep said that sometimes the Staples activation codes never get mailed out! Nice way to run a business.

madage

Level 2 Member
I had the same problem with my last batch of Visas from Staples. Calling in is a bit of a pain, but it works.

jleey98

Level 2 Member
I called 877-GCMALL1 (as opposed to the phone number on the cards)
I gave them the order numbers and they were activated within a few hours.
Apparently lots of people have been having issues with this (on Flyertalk)