Amex personal platinum and Amex business platinum

Soc Rates

I have pre-approved offers for Amex personal platinum (100K sign-up bonus) and Amex business platinum (150K sign-up bonus). I would really like to take advantage of both offers by signing up on the same day, but am unsure if Amex will award me the sign-up rewards on both cards. I gather from one of the threads here (https://saverocity.com/forum/threads/amex-plat-ameriprise-and-amex-plat-signup-for-both-possible.164999/) that Amex did not award the bonus in a somewhat similar situation. I am new to the hobby and would appreciate any comments on this from the more experienced members in the community.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I have pre-approved offers for Amex personal platinum (100K sign-up bonus) and Amex business platinum (150K sign-up bonus). I would really like to take advantage of both offers by signing up on the same day, but am unsure if Amex will award me the sign-up rewards on both cards. I gather from one of the threads here (https://saverocity.com/forum/threads/amex-plat-ameriprise-and-amex-plat-signup-for-both-possible.164999/) that Amex did not award the bonus in a somewhat similar situation. I am new to the hobby and would appreciate any comments on this from the more experienced members in the community.
I can't see any logical reason for not getting both bonuses. Can you point me more directly to someone who hasn't got the Biz and Personal bonus per your case?

Soc Rates

I can't see any logical reason for not getting both bonuses. Can you point me more directly to someone who hasn't got the Biz and Personal bonus per your case?
Thank you for the quick response, Matt. I do not know of anyone that did (or did not) get both bonuses. After reading the comments in the other thread (link in my original post), I thought it would be best to check with someone before I went ahead and applied. Thanks again

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the quick response, Matt. I do not know of anyone that did (or did not) get both bonuses. After reading the comments in the other thread (link in my original post), I thought it would be best to check with someone before I went ahead and applied. Thanks again
The issue with Amex (as far as I know) is that you can't repeat the same personal product any longer, so you can't churn Amex SPG for example. Business products have different rules (they can be repeated, but have time limits between them). A biz and personal should be fine...

gotmilk

Level 2 Member
Matt,

I think he was referencing something where AMEX doesn't approve 2 credit cards in one day. This is only true for personal credit cards with limits (not charge cards, they are unlimited). I think you can apply to both in one day without issues since these are considered charge cards so shouldn't be an issue.

oopl

Silver Member
Based on what I've seen it should be safe to apply for both and expect both signup offers to post.