Amex Offers - Verizon FIOS $25 off $75+, valid 2x per card!

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
Check your Amex accounts for this $25 off $75 Verizon FIOS offer. I got it in 10 of my cards and you can use the offer twice per card. You can pre-pay your bill $75 at a time and take your balance-owed deep into the negative.

Some reports indicate problems paying twice in a row from the same card unless you vary the amount or let enough time pass that their system isn't concerned about it being a accidental duplicate transaction.

No known hashtag available, but post if you find something that works.

OFFER DETAILS
Enroll your eligible Card by 2/28/15 and pay your Verizon FiOS bill of $75+ by 5/31/15 and get $25 back. Limit 2 statement credits. Offer valid online, by phone, or by mail.

TERMS
Offer valid online at verizon.com/saveonfios, by phone, or by mail. Excludes Verizon Wireless. Offer valid only on Verizon FiOS purchases. Qualifying spend is based on a single transaction. Limit 2 statement credits per American Express online account. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. In order to be eligible for the offer, you must enroll your Card by 2/28/15 and use that Card to pay your FiOS bill by 5/31/15. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 5/31/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
I charged each card $75 one time and then started charging $75.01 on each card. I did 15 payments before I got a Verizon error "Due to a credit on your account a payment cannot be made at this time."

The rejected attempt was the first one I tried after my accumulated credit was over the $1000 mark, so perhaps that is the max amount of negative balance Verizon FIOS allows.

I will wait until my monthly charges take my credit below $1k before trying to use my remaining cards loaded with the offer.

Another approach: Any ideas for something that FIOS could bill me for that I could get refunded a few weeks later? e.g. If they billed me $375 for something, I could run my remaining five $75 offers (ie pay $375) and then cancel the $375 thing and then perhaps they can add the $375 refund to my accumulated credits (that I cant add myself due to the $1k credit balance).

pier11

Level 2 Member
Are all of your CCs have individual accounts? Or "2 statement credits per American Express online account" is not enforced?

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
Are all of your CCs have individual accounts? Or "2 statement credits per American Express online account" is not enforced?
It does not seem to be enforced. I instantly got iPhone confirmations for the first time I used each of 5 cards all in one login. Don't know why I didn't get 5 more confirms the second round of charging though.

On my other login, I dont have smartphone alerts so I don't know yet if it worked there.

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
It does not seem to be enforced. I instantly got iPhone confirmations for the first time I used each of 5 cards all in one login. Don't know why I didn't get 5 more confirms the second round of charging though.

On my other login, I dont have smartphone alerts so I don't know yet if it worked there.
EDIT: Actually, I just saw that I have a 14 confirmations by email on the 2nd login so it works.

TL;DR: Using the tab method works to take advantage of multiple offers per login, and the promised multiple uses per card works as well

Julian Brennan

Level 2 Member
Man, on which cards did you get this? I haven't got it on the BCP or OBC! This sucks as I just switched to FIOS a few weeks ago and could use a little bump to pay for the router ;-)

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
Does anyone know offhand what the late fee is for FiOS? We only get internet, so our monthly bill is <$75.

My1stMile

Level 2 Member
Does anyone know offhand what the late fee is for FiOS? We only get internet, so our monthly bill is <$75.
Don't pay a late fee. Go online and it will let you pay more than you owe. Pay exactly $75 and trigger the credit and the credit balance will carry over to the following month.