Amex Offers for You - 150 K. Cole GC for 100

harvson3

Level 2 Member
Reselling on GC Granny sites at around 70%.

I don't know if this counts as a quick deal or MS or reselling. But I'm going to try it. Three cards linked already.

Mods: feel free to delete if it's mentioned elsewhere.

Edit to add: appeared on SPG cards, not others.

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's good here- now i'd like to hear how to upgrade that card and get better than 70% for it!

hollywoodms

Level 2 Member
I received this Kenneth Cole offer on a bunch of my Amex cards. Went through Top Cash Back and purchased a $150 physical gift card. The TCB is now pending ($6). Plan to sell to giftcards.com for 72%. Not a huge money maker, but easy.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I received this Kenneth Cole offer on a bunch of my Amex cards. Went through Top Cash Back and purchased a $150 physical gift card. The TCB is now pending ($6). Plan to sell to giftcards.com for 72%. Not a huge money maker, but easy.
Can you break it down? I'd love threads like this to be educational. The initial post was not MS, but if we can convert it through to a money maker then it can be. Understanding the mechanics will help everyone learn more.

It will also allow me to bring in other factors that people might not have thought about. If you have a second please breakdown Profit/Loss line items to explain your profit.

hollywoodms

Level 2 Member
Ok, here goes. Sync as many Amex cards you can to get the offer (in this case Kenneth Cole). Using multiple browsers it is possible to enroll as many Amex cards as you have available. Details of exactly how to do this can be found on several of the larger blogs.

Then, click through Top Cash Back and go to Kenneth Cole and order one $150 physical gift card to be delivered. You should receive $6 cash back from Top Cash Back, plus the $150 card. Then you can sell the Kenneth Cole card for $108 to several of the gift card exchanges (I use giftcards.com and cardpool personally - giftcards.com is great as they are willing to buy many merchant gift card codes (no need to mail in the cards). I have a bulk seller account, easy to unload the cards.

So - spend $150 on amex, get:

$108 check from gift card buyer
$50 statement credit
$6 Top Cash Back
100 amex points (or whatever "currency" the amex used earns)

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Then, click through Top Cash Back and go to Kenneth Cole and order one $150 physical gift card to be delivered. You should receive $6 cash back from Top Cash Back, plus the $150 card. Then you can sell the Kenneth Cole card for $108 to several of the gift card exchanges (I use giftcards.com and cardpool personally - giftcards.com is great as they are willing to buy many merchant gift card codes (no need to mail in the cards). I have a bulk seller account, easy to unload the cards.

$50 statement credit
$6 Top Cash Back
Wouldn't you get 150 MR points? :)

How quickly does TCB posts / send the rewards? Also it looks like you would get $9 from TCB (150 x 4%) = $9 :)

Last edited:

hollywoodms

Level 2 Member
My experience is that Amex doesn't give points for the statement credit amount on "sync" offers. Perhaps I am wrong

Haley

I am not a robot
My experience is that Amex doesn't give points for the statement credit amount on "sync" offers. Perhaps I am wrong
Still true, shows as a credit so lowers your net charges. However if you are getting a multiplier like x2 or x5 it will often only reduce it by x1.

You can link via twitter for cards it isn't showing up for in the account.
There has been an opportunity like this every month this year. Crate and Barrel was also a gift card churn for profit opportunity. And the Lowes deal was even easier.

Has anything changed in the postage area?

Haley

I am not a robot
Also I've tracked a few of these, the % payout sinks over the life of the offer sometimes. Depends how profitable and how obvious it is.

I aim to make $200 a month from sync deals. The Staples deal plus the Lowe's deal was very profitable and generated a fair number of MR points.

hollywoodms

Level 2 Member
True on the payout percentages, but not too drastic. For this deal, I don't anticipate too many people churning Kenneth Cole. Last holiday season was AMAZING. hoping to see a repeat this year.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I just took this over to a new area of the site for discussion:

I placed it within Anatomy of a Deal - the Bows and Arrows Thread

I wouldn't normally suggest we take live deals and totally break them down, but feel the scale of this one isn't huge, so it should be safe in a Level 2 zone.

Be keen to hear your thoughts on it.

flyer137

Level 2 Member
If your goal is Manufactured Spend for miles, then go through Mileage Plus Shopping instead of TopCashBack. They are now paying 2 miles per $ at Kenneth Cole. So for each $150 gift card, you'll get 300 UA Miles Plus 100 Membership Rewards for purchase plush cash profit from the difference in cost-sales price.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
I just signed up to be a bulk reseller for cardpool. What are the benefits of being a bulk reseller? Are there better rates? (Not being a reseller yet, I put in $450 for Kenneth Cole, the resell value is $315).

Jivepicnic

Level 2 Member
Ok, here goes. Sync as many Amex cards you can to get the offer (in this case Kenneth Cole). Using multiple browsers it is possible to enroll as many Amex cards as you have available. Details of exactly how to do this can be found on several of the larger blogs.

$50 statement credit
$6 Top Cash Back
Just another data point....I did exactly this, and I have $6 pending in my TopCashBack account from the purchase.

Jivepicnic

Level 2 Member
Is TCB reliable? I have heard mixed reviews.
I've also heard that some people have had bad experiences with TCB, but I've received ~$550 cash back from them over a few years. I've placed four $150 gift card orders for this Kenneth Cole offer with different Amex cards, and I've received $6 back each time from TCB.