Amex Offer Office Depot/Office Max, JC Penny

projectx

Level 2 Member
If you want to get creative ask to do a split payment with several Amex cards. Travelwithgrant has the rundown if anyone wants to see an example.

raccah

Level 2 Member
Not sure the point of his post - all he is showing is that he did a split. Also, I guess he did not have enough cards, but we bought one Visa card and paid 50 bux for each of the 4 cards we tweeted for the offer and for the fee we used NFC enabled register and got two Serve 1 dollar back, and then finished with Ink.

Seemed that we were limited from doing more serve Soft Card charges. Has anyone run into the max split on the purchase? Last week I bought 1 visa card again, with 1 ink and 7 SoftCard Serve charges of 1 dollar each.

projectx

Level 2 Member
I don't know what the limit on splits are, but my take on his post was the mere fact that they allowed the use of six cards to buy a so-called "cash equivalent." I was surprised by that.

mario

Level 2 Member
Both of the stores I have gone to said that I can only split with 2 or 3 cards. I guess I should have not aimed so high. I was trying to buy a serve card for $500. I have had my eye on switching my account over so I decided to try to cut fees. Anyone have any success with serve card 10x$50?

TravelDean

Say NO to road trips
I did 10 cards split-pay today for MGCs, the CSR just needs to enter the amount before you swipe then:
  • You swipe
  • Give the 4 digit security number to the CSR
  • CSR enters it
  • You push "approve" on the card readerscreen
  • Sign
  • Repeat...

raccah

Level 2 Member
I did 10 cards split-pay today for MGCs, the CSR just needs to enter the amount before you swipe then:
  • You swipe
  • Give the 4 digit security number to the CSR
  • CSR enters it
  • You push "approve" on the card readerscreen
  • Sign
  • Repeat...
That is what I was expecting, but the machine literally denied the charge. I swiped the phone for the dollar Serve charge, and it accepted it and then refused to apply it, almost like I had run out of swipes.

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
I used 24 Amexes to buy 6 $200 VGCs at Office Depot today. I did them in 3 batches as I didn't want to try running more than 8 splits per transaction (I did 9 on one though).

I didn't have the heart to ask the cashier to do Isis splits after being so patient.

Cashed them out buying 3 $400 MOs at Stop & Shop.

Net profit: $201.30, plus whatever points/miles the cards earn (probably ~$7 worth)

Weezl

Level 2 Member
This is classic!! I have 2 AMEX as AUs on both plus 2 Serve's, I've been syncing and unsyncing for the past 45 min, as re-tweeting the same offer to AMEX requires some waiting period before they stop saying "Whoops! You've already tweeted that." For me, it's only 4 cards vs your insane 24 cards, but I'll still get a $200 VGC and profit about $34! whaoo
(scaling needed here)

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
This is classic!! I have 2 AMEX as AUs on both plus 2 Serve's, I've been syncing and unsyncing for the past 45 min, as re-tweeting the same offer to AMEX requires some waiting period before they stop saying "Whoops! You've already tweeted that." For me, it's only 4 cards vs your insane 24 cards, but I'll still get a $200 VGC and profit about $34! whaoo
(scaling needed here)
Set up the 4 subaccounts on each of your Serve cards, and Amex sync them via Twitter. Then you will have 12 cards in total with no new cc apps.

TravelDean

Say NO to road trips
(scaling needed here)
Change your message a bit in your tweet and it will not be a duplicate tweet.

Weezl

Level 2 Member
Set up the 4 subaccounts on each of your Serve cards, and Amex sync them via Twitter. Then you will have 12 cards in total with no new cc apps.
This is amazing! Only problem is I need to find some sort of CC "carrier" that can tastefully and efficiently hold my 12 serve, + dozen other CC's.

What a racket! I can see myself in a few mos where I show up at OD with with some sort of briefcase that I set down on the checkout counter, raise the lid, and start an hourlong series of transactions, to the chagrin of the growing line of customers who start to wonder who this most interesting character in the world could be (and why he shops at OD). Not to mention SB Saturday in which my soon to be 12 Amex will each earn $10x3 = $360 of free stuff next week, in addition to the four other regular Amex cards I and an AU have, for another $120. This is assuming I have the stamina to make 48 transactions on a Saturday...Sheesh

BTW, when you set up subaccts, if they are not all in your name, how are you able to swipe if they check your ID and it does not match the names on the subacct?

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
This is amazing! Only problem is I need to find some sort of CC "carrier" that can tastefully and efficiently hold my 12 serve, + dozen other CC's.

What a racket! I can see myself in a few mos where I show up at OD with with some sort of briefcase that I set down on the checkout counter, raise the lid, and start an hourlong series of transactions, to the chagrin of the growing line of customers who start to wonder who this most interesting character in the world could be (and why he shops at OD). Not to mention SB Saturday in which my soon to be 12 Amex will each earn $10x3 = $360 of free stuff next week, in addition to the four other regular Amex cards I and an AU have, for another $120. This is assuming I have the stamina to make 48 transactions on a Saturday...Sheesh

BTW, when you set up subaccts, if they are not all in your name, how are you able to swipe if they check your ID and it does not match the names on the subacct?
This is why you should set up subaccts with variations of your real name, such as using first initial, middle name, portion of your first name... ("Richard Edward Boxer" could be Rick, R., Rich, Edward ).

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
This is why you should set up subaccts with variations of your real name, such as using first initial, middle name, portion of your first name... ("Richard Edward Boxer" could be Rick, R., Rich, Edward ).
So sub accts with BB can have the same SSN? And then they send you cards, correct? I've never bothered with them but perhaps it is worth the effort after all. My 13 Amex cards are feeling lonely....

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
No need to register with a SSN. They need to have unique email addresses & ideally unique phone number (easily to do if you create a gmail addy for each one -- you get free GV number for each) -- I think people are able to use the same home phone number for each. You can use the same mailing address for all the cards.

Zooter

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
I wish I had thought of that, but for the last two Sync deals (Best Buy and Office Depot) I didn't have any problems explaining that the different names were my wife and kids, and all had the same last name anyway. I then flash the family photo of the 5 of us on my GoBank card. The cashiers smile and keep swiping away with my 25 cards.