Amex Morgan Stanley PLT card

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
The Platinum Card® from American Express exclusively for Morgan Stanley is only available to you if you have an Eligible Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC brokerage Account (“Eligible Account”). Eligible Account means a Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC (“Morgan Stanley”) brokerage account held in your name or in the name of a revocable trust where you are the grantor and trustee, except for the following accounts: Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts, Charitable Remainder Unitrusts, irrevocable trusts and employer-sponsored accounts. Eligibility is subject to change. American Express may cancel your Card Account and participation in this program, if you do not maintain an Eligible Morgan Stanley brokerage Account.
Read the T&C's

Data points have only been mentioned about the Ameriprise. As for different products. I think AMEX considers MB Plat and Reg Plat the same product so... They might be lumping them together.

mawmaw

Level 2 Member
Read the T&C's

Data points have only been mentioned about the Ameriprise. As for different products. I think AMEX considers MB Plat and Reg Plat the same product so... They might be lumping them together.
I know that as per T&C you have to have a open acc my Q is if amex enforce it.
And for the same product Q I was wondering if you will get the bonus points since there is reports indicating of getting the bonus for mb plt even after getting the bonus for the reg plt

Imagvir

Level 2 Member
A couple of year ago amex teamed up with morgan Stanley and made the amex platinum morgan Stanley card. It's basically the same thing and has a 50,000 MR point bonus after spending $1,000.
Per the T&C you must be a Morgan Stanley brokerage account holder.
Does anyone know if this is actually enforced?
Here's a "broken"link (delete the spaces between American and express)
https://www262.american express.com/dapply/web/ccsg/apply/api/prospect/morgan-stanley-platinum-card/MS/1000/1?intlink=us-ccsg-microsite-morganstanley-plat-apply-top

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Merged above post.

Just for general info - we don't need to put everything into Level2. Unless there is some angle to a gig that means it should be kept under wraps of course..