AmEx cards no fee at CVS this week

Stuck in KC

Level 2 Member
Haven't quite figured this out yet but just came from CVS. The ad is showing AmEx gift cards with no fee for purchase. Didn't do anything while I was there, want to think thru my options first. I have a card paying 2/ cash back at drug stores so that may be my best deal or perhaps there may be a portal still working for gift cards....

bay11

Level 2 Member
Walgreens also has same deal. Is it the card that can be load up to $500? Maybe I'll use my Old Blue Cash card to get 5%. I just got approved for that card like 3 weeks ago so don't really want to go"all out".

hollywoodms

Level 2 Member
The weekly ad shows a picture of the variable load card, up to $500. I am tempted, but don't know how to easily unload the $500 cards...

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I don't know of any way other than AP to cash out AmEx for no fee (still lost potential "points" as you could use another card). If it was Visa/MC, the story would be different. Can't really think of a good way to leverage this, although it would be huge if there a way....

Glenn

Level 2 Member
You can use the Amex cards to buy VGCs of course. But then you end up with a fee. The only point to this would be if you got such a great bonus for using your credit card at a drugstore and would not at the store you eventually buy the VGC at.

farbster

Level 2 Member
@Glenn I think the other reason you might do this is to meet a minimum spend. But yet, it would be a best if you had a bonus for a drugstore charge.