Amex $25 off $250 at Best Buy again

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
Thanks. I've synced with Twitter before. I guess I've just been lucky enough to be able to sign up for all the deals I'm interested in directly through my account. The option to Tweet-sync AU cards is fantastic though. Is that the only advantage of syncing through Twitter rather than through an AmEx user account? Likewise, is that the only way to sync AU cards (and Serve cards)?

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
Has anyone run across stores that no longer carry VGCs? The one I had an opportunity to stop at this weekend had none, and the associate I asked thought they no longer carried them (but didn't seem like the best source).

smittytabb

Staff member
Has anyone run across stores that no longer carry VGCs? The one I had an opportunity to stop at this weekend had none, and the associate I asked thought they no longer carried them (but didn't seem like the best source).
Store where I live does not carry them. Not sure if they ever have before or not.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
They're branded as Best Buy VGC's (there are 3 styles...."bright yellow Birthday cake design" IRRC, mellow blue). Look for them in the aisle where you queue up for the next cashier. They have the BEST BUY logo on the card itself. Sometimes, they're behind the customer service / cashier area, along with the other gift cards.

Remember, it may take up to 30 minutes for it to activate .... though the sticker states it may take 24 hours to activate.

Link to images of the cards

Last edited:

raccah

Level 2 Member
They're branded as Best Buy VGC's (there are 3 styles...."bright yellow Birthday cake design" IRRC, mellow blue). Look for them in the aisle where you queue up for the next cashier. They have the BEST BUY logo on the card itself. Sometimes, they're behind the customer service / cashier area, along with the other gift cards.

Remember, it may take up to 30 minutes for it to activate .... though the sticker states it may take 24 hours to activate.

Link to images of the cards
So far for all 22 cards that we bought - we have had no wait time at all. We buy and slide! Wish we had a working kate near us

mario

Level 2 Member
Same here. I still have a couple of stores to check in my area. I am bummed that the closest one stopped carrying them. It was so convenient. They probably stopped because of me. I had the BBY CC while it was still good, then two cash+ cards.

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
The 4 that I'm near don't carry them anymore. There's one way up the 405 where I never am that had them, but don't know if it does anymore.

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
My friend ran into a "only one BBVGC per customer" rule.Somewhere I coulda sworn some forum's thread mentioned how this time the 250 can span transactions/days (but it's easy to confuse these deals at least in my head). When I searched the internet, the previous "offer for you" said "Make a single purchase of $250 or more" but not this one.

Anybody not hit the 250 until their second Best Buy transaction, and get the $25 from Amex? Thanks!

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
Might as well paste the current terms here...
Details
Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $250 or more in store at Best Buy or at BestBuy.com by 12/31/2014.

Terms
Valid in store and online at BestBuy.com. Not valid at Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Private Store & Auction or at standalone Pacific Sales stores. Excludes e-gift card purchases and corporate gift cards. Valid at any participating location in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Enrollment limited. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 12/31/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BM0Y:0001
...in case future reference is needed.

Bueller?

raccah

Level 2 Member
Indeed @zceuxbhjutf (by the way totally random or am I missing something) - the deal is spend 250 over as many swipes as u want on a single Amex and get back 25. So u are good there. The stupid rules of 1 per customer, that is YMMV, I had some tell me 3 per tx, 5 per day and others who could care less. In the end. keep track of how much spend on which card (AKA spreadsheet), and u will be fine!!

Jamie

Level 2 Member
At the bb near me I didn't find the visas in their usual spot. When I asked they said they were at the registers. This turned about to be behind the registers, as in, you have to ask about them to get them. So, be sure to ask if you don't see yours. Once I had them, i bought 5 across 4 Amex

loves2fly

Gold Member
I did this deal again using my Serve and subaccounts. Bought 5 x $200 paid with 4 Serve cards charged with $250 each and for the fees, I used the PPBDC as credit to earn 1% while seasoning the card, too. Cashiers at the BB I go to all know how to do split tender with several cards. They just ask for the 4 numbers on the front of the amex and DC cards.

vike

Level 2 Member
Yesterday bought 5 $200 giftcards on 4 Amex cards for $100 credit back. Cashed out immediately to WMart MO. No problems encountered, although the BB cashier was curious, so I explained the synch offer (but she didn't seem to follow).

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
What's the best strategy: I only have a total of 6 AmEx and Serve cards to use (I would have had more but my twitter handles got all screwed up).

My plan is to buying 5 x $200 VGC, split across 4 cards.

What should I buy with the remaining 2 cards (3 x $200 VGC)? This still would be a MM nonetheless...

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
My preference was similar in trying to keep the Amex swipes at 250 exactly. I bought BestBuy gift cards elsewhere* to exactly hit the total of what my in-store BestBuy transaction would be. There is risk in that cuz the BestBuy cashier will know that you're buying some GC with another GC, but it worked well for me.

* to reap CC categories and/or store promos and/or fuel points

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
There some BBY inside the beltway....I ended up buying up Shell Gas cards and GameStop cards for the "extra $100" with 2 cards -- I'm able to buy Amazon and other GC's at GameStop