Alaska Airlines Mileage Plus status match

smittytabb

Staff member
Alaska Airlines is currently matching status and they are doing them all the way up to their top tier status MVP Gold 75K. I sent them an email a few days ago with a photo of my driver's license, as well as a photo of my AA Executive Platinum card front and back and a screen shot of my current online statement. I just got an email with this subject:
Congratulations, You've Been Nominated for MVP Gold 75K

My status should last until the end of calendar year 2015, so I am very pleased to have been able to do this. I almost status matched a year ago but waited and very glad I did as now I was able to match to the top tier. So if you are a top tier elite at another airline, consider seeing if they will status match you. Email elite.flyer@alaskaair.com and you will get an automated email saying what you should send to them, or do what I did and just send the documentation in the first email and you might be matched in just a couple of days!

Remember that Alaska has a lot of great partners and that you can credit miles from both Delta and American Airlines to Alaska, making it an interesting option for many, especially if you live on the west coast.

TheBOSman

Staff member
Like like like, from an AA EXP and UA 1K and hopefully soon to be AS MVP 75K :)

Mod note: I delinked the link of the bolded section as it is a personal link

smittytabb

Staff member

Thanks with the link. You must be feeling like the master delinker around these parts!

smittytabb

Staff member

Looks like this thread could be merged with KennyBSAT's post on this in the Travel Hacking space. I think it might have been better there anyway.