Advice needed

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
I made a boner move.

Shipped a $400 Coach bag to China 10 days ago via International First Class Package, paying for it with our SPG card. Was pressed for time because a coworker was waiting for me with my wallet that I had stupidly left the night before in my office, and the clerk kept making noises about insurance taking a long time.

So it's been about 10 days since we shipped and I know not to be werried for another 10 days or so. But my wife is worried sick and her mom feeds it.

Is there a credible Plan B short of buying a new bag and shipping it if we determine the bag was stolen out of the Chinese mail?

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Did the bag arrive? It might also have been delayed by customs. I once mailed something to Japan via DHL and it sat with the Japanese customs for an extra business day

lancemahn

Level 2 Member
Any chance a spiff on the card that bought the purse includes 'replacement if stolen' type feature?

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Any chance a spiff on the card that bought the purse includes 'replacement if stolen' type feature?
It seems to me that that is your best bet.

Second best is to never ship anything valuable w/o insurance. Which, you know, I'm pretty sure you have figure out with your MIL's valuable assistance.