Adding Amex Serve as an account on Membership Rewards

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
I realize that Serve, as a card itself, does not earn rewards, however, I've seen some blogs mention adding it to Membership Rewards in order to maximize potential offers.

I have 3 Amex cards on my account. Amex will not allow me to add the Hotel affiliate cards - which makes sense since those are linked to hotel programs - but it also will not allow me to add the Serve card.

I am wondering if the advice on the blogs is outdated? Were you able to add Serve to your Membership Rewards program at one time?

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
I think you may have misunderstood the intent.... Slightly related, you have to use twitter for cobranded cards, e..g FIA Fidelity.

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
From 9/1 post on FM: quoting, emphasis added in bold - mine:

"In the Summer of 2015, American Express revamped their lineup of Serve cards. In addition to changing the normal “Blue” American Express Serve card, they added a “Green” card with free reloads and a “Silver” card which earns cash back. There is also a co-branded “One VIP” Serve card which perhaps has the best combination of fees & features.

All of these cards have access to Amex Offers and work much in the same way, however each one is slightly different. In this guide I’ll detail the features and fees of each of the four current versions of the American Express Serve card along with the old version."

So, the access is through Twitter, not Amex online account? I have a Twitter account, need to look into that, thanks. I guess his other readers already know that :D

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
From 9/1 post on FM: quoting, emphasis added in bold - mine:

"In the Summer of 2015, American Express revamped their lineup of Serve cards. In addition to changing the normal “Blue” American Express Serve card, they added a “Green” card with free reloads and a “Silver” card which earns cash back. There is also a co-branded “One VIP” Serve card which perhaps has the best combination of fees & features.

All of these cards have access to Amex Offers and work much in the same way, however each one is slightly different. In this guide I’ll detail the features and fees of each of the four current versions of the American Express Serve card along with the old version."

So, the access is through Twitter, not Amex online account? I have a Twitter account, need to look into that, thanks. I guess his other readers already know that :D
Yes, there is no mention of membership rewards here.

Amex offers are those things like $10 off $50 at pets.com and whatnot.

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
Yes, been getting those offers, but through the online account - need to check Twitter as well, apparently :) - I assume there are different offers depending on the portal/site? i.e. online account vs. Twitter account?

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Yes there are different ways of getting offers. 1 - Amex online account, 2 - Serve online account, 3 - Facebook, 4 - Twitter, 5 - Foursquare. Sometimes, offers will exist on multiple platforms. Sometimes, they will only exist in your Amex/Serve account and can be targeted. Sometimes, you can only get them through Twitter/Facebook.

Twitter is the method that is FM is referring to here. You only NEED 1 Twitter account but the hassle to change can be a lot if you have many Amex/Serve cards. The best method is via TweetDeck and multiple Twitter accounts. You create 1 Twitter account for each Amex card you have. You link your card to that account. Then when a new offer is out, you use TweetDeck to send the same tweet from all of your accounts at once and all of your cards get the offer.

smittytabb

Staff member
Yep, MR is a program only certain AMEX cards are a part of. If you want to maximize Amex Sync deals which is something entirely different, having a Twitter account for each card is one of the best ways. There are different strategies to use this. I also have mine set up with TweetDeck. Some automate as well.

Something not mentioned yet regarding this is that ALL Amex cards can be set up with Twitter for this, even those not issued by American Express. This is a good list I found here
Code:
http://outandout.boardingarea.com/list-of-amex-cards-not-issued-by-american-express/
For those not issued by Amex, they work, but it can be hard to track because only the credit shows up, not the offer or any confirmation you are signed up for the offer. In terms of Serve, I use BB and the offers do show up on my account. At first you could only use Twitter, now there are also offers available on the site. Anyone using Serve, is this also true of Serve? Hope this helps.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
For those not issued by Amex, they work, but it can be hard to track because only the credit shows up, not the offer or any confirmation you are signed up for the offer.
I use the automation through IFTT (If This Then That) to register all my cards via twitter and have each card's twitter account set to send me an email when a tweet gets a response. This way I get an email for every card that's been registered and have a record in case something doesn't post.